Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Labels - High and low point

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Harold_Alberto
1203 Views, 5 Replies

Profile Labels - High and low point

Hi all

I'm using Civil 3D 2014.  

I have a profile low point label and want to drag it so a leader points to the low point of the profile line.  When I drag the label, the leader points to the middle of the vertical curve and not to the low point location.

I also notice that the text label anchor point is set on the VIP even if my setting is set to Anchor Curvey Low Point.  

Am I missing a setting somewhere?  

TIA

Regards,

Harold

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: Harold_Alberto

What happens if you locate your Point Style for this Label and edit it.  On the Summary tab, change the LEADER STOPS AT MARKER  to NO.

I am guessing here.

Bill

Message 3 of 6
Harold_Alberto
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks Bill but this is not the label from the Annotate ribbon tab. It is a profile label (select profile> right click > Edit labels...
Message 4 of 6
Jeff_M

@Harold_Alberto wrote:

Am I missing a setting somewhere?  

Regards,

Harold

Nope, that's how this label works.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 6
Harold_Alberto
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff

... or doesn't work? Smiley Happy

Has it been like this on the previous versions?

I think it is a 2014 bug.  When I set the text anchor point to Curve Low Point, it anchors it to the middle of the curve.  The dragged state is also useless if the leader is pointing to the wrong location on the profile.    

Message 6 of 6
Jeff_M

It has been like this since C3D2004, AFAIK. If you have the High/Low point label in a separate style, i.e. not a part of the full VC label, you could set the style's leader to not be visible, then draw a leader manually from the high/low point and finally drag the label to that leader.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report