Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile label text VERY SMALL in PSPACE

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
659 Views, 5 Replies

Profile label text VERY SMALL in PSPACE

Ok, here's one for the books. I'm having problems with profile label text scaling in paper space. Haven't had this problem before in LDT, but we didn't have to deal with Profile objects either. I have a road profile drawn in metric 1:400 Horiz. with a vertical exaggeration factor of 4 (1:100 Vert.). In my xref's model space where the profile exists, I have all text settings, labels, etc set the way I want to see it. I can print it fine from model space. My problem occurs when I xref that drawing into a new drawing, then switch to paper space and cut a viewport. The text becomes either really LARGE if paper space units are meters or really small when paper space are millimeters. What controls the sizing of labels within profiles, alignment, cross section objects??? Is there a setting or variable??? It is tough to find this out right before a deadline when the boss is expecting something plotted out on a title block. The easiest part, plotting, has become a Civil3D show stopper. To make matters worse, my data will not export back to LDT via LandXML, so I pretty much have to start over using LDT. Error, after error. Very frustrating and stressful. Dave D.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey Dave; What happens when you set the Plot settings to 1:1? -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "Dave D" wrote in message news:41950a1e$1_2@newsprd01... > Ok, here's one for the books. I'm having problems with profile label text > scaling in paper space. Haven't had this problem before in LDT, but we > didn't have to deal with Profile objects either. > > I have a road profile drawn in metric 1:400 Horiz. with a vertical > exaggeration factor of 4 (1:100 Vert.). In my xref's model space where > the profile exists, I have all text settings, labels, etc set the way I > want to see it. I can print it fine from model space. > > My problem occurs when I xref that drawing into a new drawing, then switch > to paper space and cut a viewport. The text becomes either really LARGE > if paper space units are meters or really small when paper space are > millimeters. What controls the sizing of labels within profiles, > alignment, cross section objects??? Is there a setting or variable??? > > It is tough to find this out right before a deadline when the boss is > expecting something plotted out on a title block. The easiest part, > plotting, has become a Civil3D show stopper. To make matters worse, my > data will not export back to LDT via LandXML, so I pretty much have to > start over using LDT. Error, after error. Very frustrating and > stressful. > > Dave D. >
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

All text gets really small @ 1:1. "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:41954b4c$1_2@newsprd01... > Hey Dave; > > What happens when you set the Plot settings to 1:1? > > -- > Don Reichle > Hacker Engineering, Inc. > "King of Work-Arounds" > LDT & CD 2004 > C3D 2004 SP1 > On HP Pavilion a367c > 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM > XP PRO - SP2 > > > "Dave D" wrote in message > news:41950a1e$1_2@newsprd01... >> Ok, here's one for the books. I'm having problems with profile label >> text scaling in paper space. Haven't had this problem before in LDT, but >> we didn't have to deal with Profile objects either. >> >> I have a road profile drawn in metric 1:400 Horiz. with a vertical >> exaggeration factor of 4 (1:100 Vert.). In my xref's model space where >> the profile exists, I have all text settings, labels, etc set the way I >> want to see it. I can print it fine from model space. >> >> My problem occurs when I xref that drawing into a new drawing, then >> switch to paper space and cut a viewport. The text becomes either really >> LARGE if paper space units are meters or really small when paper space >> are millimeters. What controls the sizing of labels within profiles, >> alignment, cross section objects??? Is there a setting or variable??? >> >> It is tough to find this out right before a deadline when the boss is >> expecting something plotted out on a title block. The easiest part, >> plotting, has become a Civil3D show stopper. To make matters worse, my >> data will not export back to LDT via LandXML, so I pretty much have to >> start over using LDT. Error, after error. Very frustrating and >> stressful. >> >> Dave D. >> > >
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Dave,
Try changing the scale of the paperspace viewport. (Viewports toolbar).
-Karla Leighton
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Yes. My paper space viewport is correct. My profile grid and graphics show to scale. The text becomes very small and unreadable. Has to be a setting somewhere or a bug concerning xreffing drawings containing profile, cross-section, alignment, etc. objects. "Karla Leighton" wrote in message news:18137972.1100530516025.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi Dave, > Try changing the scale of the paperspace viewport. (Viewports toolbar). > -Karla Leighton
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

ANSWER: When xreffing the drawing containing the profile objects into a NEW drawing, make sure you select the Metric template "_Autodesk Civil 3D Metric By Layer" or equilvalent Metric template. My problem came from my "Options" settings. The template setting for "Default Template File Name for QNEW" was equal to one of my generic AutoCAD templates containing no Civil 3D information. I also tried to xref the metric profile into the "_Autodesk Civil 3D Imperial By Layer" template. This one also gave me small text. Need to use the Metric template. So there is a setting somewhere that controls this. Maybe in Prospector tab "Settings" ==> "Edit Drawing Settings" ??? Anyway, thanks everyone for the help. Dave D. "Dave D" wrote in message news:41950a1e$1_2@newsprd01... > Ok, here's one for the books. I'm having problems with profile label text > scaling in paper space. Haven't had this problem before in LDT, but we > didn't have to deal with Profile objects either. > > I have a road profile drawn in metric 1:400 Horiz. with a vertical > exaggeration factor of 4 (1:100 Vert.). In my xref's model space where > the profile exists, I have all text settings, labels, etc set the way I > want to see it. I can print it fine from model space. > > My problem occurs when I xref that drawing into a new drawing, then switch > to paper space and cut a viewport. The text becomes either really LARGE > if paper space units are meters or really small when paper space are > millimeters. What controls the sizing of labels within profiles, > alignment, cross section objects??? Is there a setting or variable??? > > It is tough to find this out right before a deadline when the boss is > expecting something plotted out on a title block. The easiest part, > plotting, has become a Civil3D show stopper. To make matters worse, my > data will not export back to LDT via LandXML, so I pretty much have to > start over using LDT. Error, after error. Very frustrating and > stressful. > > Dave D. >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report