Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Label Style Request

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
188 Views, 6 Replies

Profile Label Style Request

Would you do a favor, and please include a FG Profile Label Style that
precisely duplicates what LDD 3 generates now in the Profile command(i.e.,
VC dimensioning, VC info, VC High\Low Point tick, Blocks used at PVI's, etc)
as a base to build from.

My clients, and I bet others' clients, have grown accustomed to this
format, and it would make the product transition that much more seamless.

With that as a base Style I will definitely also use the Civil 3D ability to
label and identify horizontal geometry on the Profile as further
enhancement.

Fred
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

What has changed Fred??

Slow to change,
John Mayo

"Fred Ernst" wrote in message
news:D0ADEB2A1C7440DD2E3944B40B6437A3@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Would you do a favor, and please include a FG Profile Label Style that
> precisely duplicates what LDD 3 generates now in the Profile command(i.e.,
> VC dimensioning, VC info, VC High\Low Point tick, Blocks used at PVI's,
etc)
> as a base to build from.
>
> My clients, and I bet others' clients, have grown accustomed to this
> format, and it would make the product transition that much more seamless.
>
> With that as a base Style I will definitely also use the Civil 3D ability
to
> label and identify horizontal geometry on the Profile as further
> enhancement.
>
> Fred
>
>
>
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Well, it's kind of like Sheet Manager, just in the sense you have total
control of the Styles.

Fred
Message 4 of 7
lbachman

Fred,

I agree. If the standard style had been the same as LDT then I wouldn't have spent several hours trying to duplicate the labeling I used to get right out of the box with LDT.

I was surprised that the standard label came up with only the VC distance. It was a pain finding how to add the other VC information.

Lisa
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Lisa, Out of the box, we shipped four (two for metric and two for imperial) templates. These templates have styles similar to LDT profile labeling, that might be of interest to you. Thanks Chakri Autodesk Inc. "lbachman" wrote in message news:32479175.1103321661300.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Fred, > > I agree. If the standard style had been the same as LDT then I wouldn't have spent several hours trying to duplicate the labeling I used to get right out of the box with LDT. > > I was surprised that the standard label came up with only the VC distance. It was a pain finding how to add the other VC information. > > Lisa
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Hey Lisa; But then there are those who erased the K value and Algebraic Difference immediately after LDT produced them. The reasoning was/is that none of the agency checkers would understand what they were, and the surveyors wouldn't use them. Look at it this way... You were provided an opportunity to learn some of the intricate details of where things are stored, and how to manipulate them. -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" Barghausen Consulting Engineers Kent, WA USA LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WIN2K SP4 Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 512MB RAM NVIDIA 32MB AGP "lbachman" wrote in message news:32479175.1103321661300.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Fred, > > I agree. If the standard style had been the same as LDT then I wouldn't have spent several hours trying to duplicate the labeling I used to get right out of the box with LDT. > > I was surprised that the standard label came up with only the VC distance. It was a pain finding how to add the other VC information. > > Lisa
Message 7 of 7
lbachman

Hi Chakri,

I guess I had better look at the templates. I was starting from a blank drawing so I was only getting the standard settings, which didn't have much.

Thanks for your reminder.

Lisa

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report