Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

profile label problem

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
chris.morgan
1052 Views, 12 Replies

profile label problem

Hi,

When I draw in the profile layout I'm getting odd results when the labeling is placed. See attachment. I have been looking through the styles trying to find what is wrong. Any suggestions? Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: chris.morgan

Has to do with the dimension anchors. Select a label, right click, select edit labels. This will pull up your profile label set, one of the column should be Dim Anchor opt and one should be Dim Anchor Value. With my labels I have the veritcal curve data has dim anchor set to Graph View Top and the Dim Anchor Value set to -.50. See if this helps.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 3 of 13
chris.morgan
in reply to: sjg

That moved the curved data, but still not getting arrows to connect to BVC and EVC labels. I want to see it in a standard dimension format.

Message 4 of 13
dgordon

are you using a style from the ncs template out of the box or did you start that label from a standard style?

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 5 of 13
chris.morgan
in reply to: dgordon

I used the ncs template that came with c3d

Message 6 of 13

For the labels with the odd rotation, make sure that their orientation is set to View or World Coordinates, instead of Object.  We had problems with some of the profile labels getting set to Object when we migrated styles from 2009.

ProfileLabelOrientation.jpg

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 7 of 13
chris.morgan

OK, thanks for the help. Will check that out when I can get back into C3d.

Message 8 of 13

Looks like I am still getting same results after setting orientation to view.

Message 9 of 13
Jeff_M

It would really cut down the guessing game if you could post the dwg file.....

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 10 of 13
chris.morgan

Here is the drawing file. Hopefully you will be able to solve the mystery. Since I am new to C3d there is a lot I don't know.

Message 11 of 13
Jeff_M

Well, that DWT is not as good as the ones provided in prior releases. Not sure how the Curve Label styles got so, uh, tweaked. Is this more along the lines of what you are looking for?

3-8-2012 3-53-26 PM.png

If so, you need to set most of the Line components to use a Percent for the length, with a value of 100%. This will fix the Dimension part. Then, for the High/Low labels, these use lines which are set to be not visible. Turn on the visibility and you will see why they are not rotated correctly. Play around with the start/end attachments of these and see if you can mimic what I have shown. I'll post the drawing back in if you can't quite figure it out....but I'd like for you to try, that's how we all learn how to make these styles work for our individual needs. 

If you want the dimension inside the profile, instead of above, this is controlled in the Profile Labels properties, and can be preset in the LabelSet. A Positive value places the label above, and a negative value goes below to anchor point.

3-8-2012 4-02-21 PM.png

EESignature
Message 12 of 13
chris.morgan
in reply to: Jeff_M

OK, thanks Jeff and all who helped with this! I was fiddling with things trying to find my way out of the maze, so the tweeking was all mine I'm afraid.

Message 13 of 13
Jeff_M

@chris.morgan wrote:

OK, thanks Jeff and all who helped with this! I was fiddling with things trying to find my way out of the maze, so the tweeking was all mine I'm afraid.

You're welcome. However, I checked the DWT I have here and it is quite the mess as far as these styles go. I didn't try to compare what you may have done to them, but they sure weren't doing you any favors the way they started out. So you were at a disadvantage from the beginning.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report