Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Label - Dragged State - PVI

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
LeafRiders
707 Views, 3 Replies

Profile Label - Dragged State - PVI

Has anyone been able to choose a block as an option for the leader type in the creation of a label style? Is this option available in 2013?

I don't have this option but need it badly. I have a PVI block in the non-dragged state with an elevation below it, from there I'd like to go to a dragged state only with the text, but leave the PVI block in-place. As of right now this is not possible.

Problem with this is that it's two choices. As Composed or Stacked Text. Stacked text would work, if C3D would allow me to select a block as my leader. Autodesk people are you listening? No reason to not allow us to select a block for a leader type when creating a label. This is a no brainer.

For the time being I'm looking for a solution. I don't want text over text but the PVI block needs to be left in place. (image shown - triangle and dot is the PVI block).

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
troma
in reply to: LeafRiders

You could use two different labels: one for the block, one for the text.

Drag your text, leave the block alone.

It's not really that much work, once you have them set up in the label set so they both come in.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 4
LeafRiders
in reply to: troma

Thanks for the workaround. Was on the list already, at this point it's not an option. Will need to setup the template down the road like this in order to accomodate. For the Autodesk guys who read this please add "BLOCK" as a leader type in the dragged state label styles. Why not?

Message 4 of 4
troma
in reply to: LeafRiders

Why not an option?  Shouldn't be hard at any point. Just copy the label style, turn the visibility of the text off in one version and the block off in the other.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report