Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile help

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jeremy.2012
308 Views, 3 Replies

Profile help

When I alter a surface profile, whether it's the title, gridlines, etc..., it just doesn't do it to the selected profile;  it applies the changes to all of my profiles.  The changes are made even to ones created with a different alignment.

How can I make changes to just 1 profile?  And leave the others as they are...

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgordon
in reply to: jeremy.2012

Jeremy,

you seem to be confusing the profile with the profile view.   in order for different profile views to have different settings, you need to make a copy of the profile view style and rename it to something else then assign that new profile view style to the profile view.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 4
troma
in reply to: dgordon

Yes, I agree.  When you are editing, look at the top of the dialogue box.  It tells you that you're editing a Profile View Style, and gives the name of the Style.  All Profile Views that are set to that style will look the same.

Click on a Profile View and right-click, go to Profile View Properties.  There you have the option to choose a different style for that Profile View.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 4
jeremy.2012
in reply to: troma

Yep that was the issue.  All of my profile view shared the same one.  Thanks guys!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report