Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Hatching from FG to top of Pipes - Civil 3D 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BtimmermanMMS
486 Views, 2 Replies

Profile Hatching from FG to top of Pipes - Civil 3D 2013

Is there a way for C3D 2013 to automatically hatch (with a style) in the profile view the area from the FG to top of pipes (Sanitary, Storm or Water). Currently we go old school with isolating the linework in the profile and hatching it manually. The interesting thing is the hatch still recognizes the grid in the profile view even though we've frozen the grid and other linework. AND we must put a line on the top of the pipe, or the hatching goes to the next "grid" of the profile.

Would REALLY be nice to get it to generate the hatch much the same way it does for the profile view with Cut area or Fill area or Multi boundaries. Have NOT looked at importing criteria yet. Any ideas?

Thanks from all of us who are trying to get the program "better".

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dasindog
in reply to: BtimmermanMMS

I think this has been talked about at length on the forum. From what I remember you'll need to create a profile at the top of the pipes to get any sort of "automatic" hatching. Search around and I think you'll find your answer.

-Dustin
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit SP1
Windows 7 Pro 64
Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
24GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
explodetheblock.wordpress.com
Message 3 of 3
fcernst
in reply to: BtimmermanMMS

Are you planning on showing your granular pipe bedding (good) along with subgrade, and then surface materials, or just all one type of hatch (bad)?

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report