Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile geometry point label style text is overlapping

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
IanMcClain
3309 Views, 13 Replies

Profile geometry point label style text is overlapping

When I create a profile geomety point label style on my alignment the "Profile Geomety Point Text" is displaying two overlapping piece of text. For example, it will say PVI 10+00 and GB 10+00 right on top of each other. I only have one text component in the style, but it displays two on top of each other, one for the recognized point of vertical inflection and one for the grade break.

Now, if I delete the GB from the drawing settings abbreviations I still get two pieces of text, one with PVI and station and one with station. How do I make the "Profile Geomety Point Text" component filter or recognize only one of the applicable properties?

Ian McClain
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
BrianHailey
in reply to: IanMcClain

Are you adding multiple labels to your profile? Select the profile (not the profile view) and add/edit labels. Check to make sure you haven't added additional labels to the profile.

Other then that, I can't think of anything else without seeing your drawing. Can you post up an example?

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 14
IanMcClain

I am adding multiple labels via label sets, but I don't think I am double labeling the feature in question, altough it sure looks that way. I have attached a sample drawing. Look at the Profile Geometry labels on the south/right side fo the alignment.

Ian McClain
Message 4 of 14
sjg
Advisor

Hopefully this will help.

Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 5 of 14
IanMcClain
in reply to: sjg

That's it, thanks! I knew there had to be some kind of filter.

Ian McClain
Message 6 of 14

Hi,

Is there anyone helping me for the problem ASAP?

See the attachment. I was confused about the profile label. Why are Low\High PT STA and ELEV's label data totally different from my other label like PVI and other geometry points (these sta and elev's label are within my horizontal alignment in sta and TIN surface data in elev.)

If I can't make the LOW/HIGH STA AND ELEV label into my data scope, I will have to remove the LOW/HIGH PT STA AND ELEV label. How to remove them? How to explain their data label?

Thanks a lot,

3D Visualization

Message 7 of 14
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: 3Dvisualization

Looks like you have low and high point set to meters
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 8 of 14
3Dvisualization

Thank you so much for your response!

How to go to Text Component Editor - Contents? I use Civil 3D 2010

Sincerley,

3D Visualization

Message 9 of 14
sjg
Advisor

Haven't used 2010, sure its similar to 2011. Select a label, right click and choose Edit Labels.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 10 of 14
3Dvisualization

I have done the step many times, but I can't find out the units setp up. In fact, I use meter for my drawing.

I feel the LOW/HIGHT STA/ELEV label don't make sense. I can't find out its geometry points from the profile. Do you know how can I remove the label?

Thank you,

3d Visualization

Message 11 of 14
sjg
Advisor

Here are a couple more images, also included directions on how to show HP and LP locations. Hope this helps
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 12 of 14

Thank you so much for your help!

I remove the label for the time being. I can't just figure out where the sta/elev data from?

Another question is that I can't change the profile view style. See the attachment. I want to keep my profile view grid from my staion beginning to end. I went to Profile view style --> Grid Tab --> Grid padding and give different number from left to right, but my profile view still keep same style. I check the tutorial example, the example change. 

Could you please give me a direciton?

Message 13 of 14
sjg
Advisor

You don't need to edit the Profile View Style, you want to edit the Profile View Properties. Select the Profile View, right click, select Profile View Properties. See attached image.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 14 of 14
3Dvisualization

I got it.

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,

3D Visualization

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report