Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
283 Views, 3 Replies

Profile Error

I have successfully created several profiles within a project. However, today I tried to create a profile, and I received an error saying, "error reading offpro_head from .vrt file." I deleted the alignment and started over, I rebooted, I tried to create a profile of an existing alignment, all of which returned the same error. Any suggestions? I would really appreciate some help on this.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Sperry, The problem is not with your alignment, but with the data created when you sample the Profile and/or Sections along the alignment from a DTM. This is not an uncommon problem and the only solution of which I'm aware is to delete the VRT file. You will find the file under the alignment sub directory of your project in another subdirectory with the alignment name. You could delete the whole subdirectory as this is where all vertical data for the alignment is stored. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "sperrylusk" wrote in message news:13542953.1086644919712.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have successfully created several profiles within a project. However, today I tried to create a profile, and I received an error saying, "error reading offpro_head from .vrt file." I deleted the alignment and started over, I rebooted, I tried to create a profile of an existing alignment, all of which returned the same error. Any suggestions? I would really appreciate some help on this.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for the idea. I deleted the .vrt file several times, only to start over and get the same error. I also checked my horizontal alignment, tried to import the alignment, and even edited my drawings settings to "load from prototypes." I am still getting the same error. Any other suggestions?
Message 4 of 4
USGRAM

I had the same problem with a profile. When the Existing Ground surface sampling is done under the profiles menu, the program successfully performs the operation, but when I try to recut the profile the program returns "error reading offpro_head from .vrt file" and also "no sampled data found". Deleting the vrt file and starting over did not provide the solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report