Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Entities vista items shaded (unable to edit)?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jaycarroll24
437 Views, 5 Replies

Profile Entities vista items shaded (unable to edit)?

Civil 3D 2013, trying to edit a FG profile through the Profile Entities vista and Profile Layout Parameters dialog box. All entities in the vista are shaded (locked) and will not allow me to edit. Is there something that I am missing here? I should be able to edit the PVIs (or entities) correct? I couldn't find anything in the help documentation as to why these are shaded and not allowing me to edit them. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
troma
in reply to: jaycarroll24

Data shortcut?

Locked layers?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 6
jaycarroll24
in reply to: troma

Nope. I generated the surface with proposed contours and then generated the profile with the proposed surface. Of course this caused the profile to have many PVIs at odd grades (-5.08% slope) and I want to change that to even slopes ( -5.00%). So, I open the vista to edit these and all PVIs are shaded and the Profile Layout Tools Toolbar is all locked as well. Smiley Mad

Message 4 of 6
troma

OK, now it's making sense.  I thought when you said FG that it was created by layout.  When you create a profile from a surface that's different.  It's locked to the surface dynamically, so of course you can't edit it.

You can break the lock though.  Go into your Profile Properties > Profile Data and switch the Update Mode to Static.  Then it will ignore the surface, and you should be able to edit.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 6
Jeff_M

The profile is a surface profile, therefor linked dynamically to the surface. You can change the profile to be Static in the profile properties.

3-19-2013 9-47-49 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 6
jaycarroll24
in reply to: Jeff_M

That did it! Thank you guys so much. I should have thought about that, but there are just so many parameters to look through on these that I totally overlooked that. Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report