Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile elevation in alignment label

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
eduardo.frias
7890 Views, 12 Replies

Profile elevation in alignment label

Hi.

I need to know how to display a proposed profile elevation in the major station alignment label, I mean, for example, I want to read in the label "0+000, 494.444". I've already edited my major station label style adding a (profile type) Reference text, and it only displays "???". I suppose I need to associate it with the correct profile, but I've not figured out how to. I show you how the label looks in the attached image.

Does anyone have an idea?

Eduardo Frías

Monterrey, México

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
jmayo-EE
in reply to: eduardo.frias

Not sure what types of labels you are using so try holding down the CTL key, select one or all of the labels. Go to the properties dialog and close to the top there is a field for the link. There is a little green icon to the left of that field. Double click it and then right click in model space. A dialog should appear. Now this is a bit of an odd procedure and I probably do not have it mapped out perfectly with the clicks here and there so play around and you should be able to get it.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
Jeff_M

You must select each label using CTRL+Leftclick, then in the properties palette you can set the Profile to use. You don't have to edit one at a time, but you do have to select each one (CTRL+Window also works).

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 13
eduardo.frias
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Excellent!

I finally found the field. It seems so simple now!

Thanks a lot, John!

Message 5 of 13
Joe-Bouza

Also, if you save the style containg the profile reference label to a label set, when you load it to label and alignment you will be promted for the profile.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 6 of 13
KINGDAVID2

hi, i saw your message on this topic am having the same problem its only givin me ???, pls can you describe how to link the text to the profile

Message 7 of 13
jamesmac1200
in reply to: KINGDAVID2

The reference text label style can be retrieved from two locations. One is the properties of the label. If you add the label and it shows the ???, just select the label and look at the properties. There will be a field at the top to select the applicable reference. By default, it should be blank. Just click in the blank area then select the appropriate reference. The second method is as you add the label, right click and a menu will come up to select the appropriate reference.

Civil 3D 2016 SP4
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50 GHz
40GB RAM
64-Bit
Window 7 Professional
Message 8 of 13
KINGDAVID2
in reply to: jamesmac1200

tanks for ur helpful contribution
Message 9 of 13
troma
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I can't get it to work when adding the label, only in the contrived manner described by Johnm, after the label appears.  Is this some sort of glitch?  It works so easily with profile geometry points, but really difficult to get it to work as profile elevations at regular stations.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 10 of 13
annw2
in reply to: troma

2016 - I am having the same issue.

I created a minor tick label with the profile elevation

Copied a previous label set changed the minor tick to the label style with the profile elevation field.

I created a reference to the data short cut for the alignment and design profiles.

I specified the label set with the profile field.

It did NOT ask for a profile and labeled every 10 feet with the ???

Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 11 of 13
annw2
in reply to: jamesmac1200

ok I got it to work.

If you select one of the labels without control, it selects all of them and you can then associate the profile.

Now, I have a gutter line profile associated with the centerline alignment and would like to be able to label the bottom of curb.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to do that?

Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 12 of 13
cwr-pae
in reply to: annw2

Exactly the same as for 1 profile elevation. You will create two reference text components so name them to make sense (ie: Design and curb, or profile 1 and profile 2). Then pick the appropriate property list and select the profile for each.

Message 13 of 13
annw2
in reply to: cwr-pae

I created two offset alignments at the curb lines, set the stations equal to the centerline at the middle of the straight tangent sections, then created two more minor tick labels with slightly different Y offsets and attached the transition profiles for the labels.

Ann Wingert, P.E.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report