Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Data Shortcuts MIssing from Prospector

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
juliarh
2388 Views, 11 Replies

Profile Data Shortcuts MIssing from Prospector

I have a drawing that contains an alignment and 2 profiles (existing and proposed).  Call this File A.

I created data shortcuts for these 3 objects and reference them in many drawings.

Last week File A was having some problems, it was inexplicably large and seemed to have some corruption I couldn't fix.  So I created a new drawing, call it File B, and promoted the alignment and profiles into it.

I used Data Shortcut Editor to point the data shortcuts to File B.  In drawings that already referenced these objects they look like the they are coming through just fine. 

The problem is that I can't see the profiles listed in the Data Shortcuts section of prospector.  The shortcuts folder selected is correct, the xml file is there, it points to File B.  The alignment is listed and I can create that reference in a new drawing.  I also can't find anything wrong with File B (or any evidence that there might be something wrong).

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jmayo-EE
in reply to: juliarh

The profiles would list under each alignment. Did you expand the alignments and the profiles are not listed?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
juliarh
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I only had one alignment, and it was not expandable.  The expand button only shows up if there are profiles.  None there.

Message 4 of 12
jmayo-EE

In the datashortcut editor, when you changed the filename, did you also change Handle Only to Name only? I believe the promotion would change the object handles.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
juliarh

I changed it to Name only.  I also tried changing it to handle only.  Neither one makes the profiles appear in prospector.

I've figured out a work-around, but I'd still love to hear from anybody that has better ideas.

Message 6 of 12
RainierFan

I have repeatedly seen data short cuts dissaper in prospector mysteriously.  They are shown as "Already created" in the

parent drawing's "Create Data Shortcuts..." dilog box.  Huge pain to fix.  Any resolution?

Message 7 of 12
jmayo-EE
in reply to: RainierFan

Did you check to see if the profile is listed under the parent alignment in Prospector? If it's there just make a profile view.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
RainierFan

It's not in Prospector.  I fixed the problem by renaming the XML file associated with the profile and then I could select it as "to be added" under Create Data Shortcuts.  What a POS.

Message 9 of 12
jmayo-EE

I have never had to do that. Does the profile or it's parent file get renamed or recreated after creating the DShortcut?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 10 of 12
RainierFan

Nope.  I know there's no such thing as totally random...but it appears that way.

Message 11 of 12
ren26_1984

which refers ask for help when datashorcuts of the "Profile" perfil.xml create the file, like the "surface xml" Like "alineamiento.xml. ok this is stored in their respective folders is generated .....

Now create a new drawing ??? xxx. dwg file recorded and began to pull the xml files created in datashorcuts ....

1. create superficie.xml ..... ready reference appears in the drawing

2 create alineamiento.xml ...... ready reference appears in the drawing

3 gets ready nooooo ...... perfil.xml reference appears in the drawing, as appeared the superfie and alignment.

I think you have to use the profile view, it appears the perfil.xml already created with shorcuts data and not worth anything datashortcuts create the profile command, if you think this significac perfiles.xml 1000, 1000 times'll have to run the command view profile for aparescan the xml profiles, and no use creating profiles with datashorcuts.

It is simple to create profiles with datashorcuts reference must appear profile (picture with the grid and the projected surface), without having to run other commands civil 3d.

shorcuts data profiling does not work ...........

Message 12 of 12
ren26_1984
in reply to: ren26_1984

soy de peru y hablo el español latino

hace poco escribi sobre este tema lo hice en español latino y luego utilice un traductor para pasarlo al ingles que creo que distorciona lo que describo.

por eso ahora lo escribo solo español latino

el que inicia este tema pidiendo ayuda se refiere que al crear accesos directos de superficies, alineaciones, perfiles todo sale bien

el problema es cuando creas un dibujo nuevo y referencias los archivos creados con accesos directos 

1 crear referencia de superficie ok se genera la referencia de la superficie y aparece en el dibujo

crear referencia del alineamiento ok se genera la referencia del alineamiento y aparece en el dibujo

3 crear referencia del perfil se genera la referencia del perfil y  noooooo aparece en el dibujo

creo que se tiene que ejecutar el comando crear perfil vista y aparece, que seria lo mismmo que tener el archivo del perfil abierto y generarlo directamente, lo que significa que crear un acceso directo de perfiles en civil 3d no sirve para nada.

por ejemplo por decir  tengo 1000 perfiles creados con accesos directos ( data shorcuts)

y quiero crear referencia de los 1000 perfiles en dibujo nuevo para projectar tuberias o lo que sea, tengo que ejecutar 1000 veces el comando crear perfil vista.

si no es asi me pueden explicar para crear referencia de los perfiles creados con accesos directos

y salgan como sale la superficie y los alineamientos con un solo paso.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report