Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile data from LDT 04 to C3d 2010

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
1Dynomike
216 Views, 2 Replies

Profile data from LDT 04 to C3d 2010

Hi everybody.

I'm trying my hand at modeling a basic street a basic street. I'm using an  old job for the street data, an old Ldt (which we currently work in) 2004 job. How can I take the profile data from the 04 job to the C3D 2010 job . I tried to export to a file from 04 and import a file in 2010, but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also any insight into learning material to help become proficient in machine control modeling would be great. I've done a couple in Terramodel but I despise working in that environment, need good ol Autocad!!

Thanks in advance!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: 1Dynomike

You needt to export to landXML your LDD data then import xml in C3d

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
bruce.jordan
in reply to: 1Dynomike

1dynomike -

I find using the Import Data from Land Desktop easier - either the pulldown menu File -> Import, or the Insert tab if using ribbons, or AeccImportLDTData at the command line.

From there it is just pathing to the LDT Project Path, and Project Name, and bringing in the data you want.

Sometimes you may get data that does not come across, then LandXML export/import will normally work

-Bruce

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report