Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Data Band why some stations don't show up

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Rubixcube10
1786 Views, 1 Reply

Profile Data Band why some stations don't show up

I'm currently working on a profile and I just don't understand why my profiles barely show any stations.  It doesn't even show the very first station.  I remember checking on a box that mentioned showing the 1st station and still nothing.  I've gone into the edit band style and turned on the labels at minor stations but it just turned on the FG/EG elevations.

I've added a picture showing what i'm talking about.  It only shows stations 31+00 and 32+00.  Not 30+00 or the 50' increments.  Also, while I'm on the subject.  How do I get something proposed into this existing profile to show FG Elevations.  Example if I just wanted to strike a straight line from 30+00 to the end where the elevation is a 91' & 86'.  What kind of steps do I need to take?  Thanks.

Rob

Rob

HP Compaq 8100 Elite
Win 7 Pro SP1 - 64Bit
8GB RAM
i7 860 @ 2.80 GHZ

AutoCad Civil 3d 2012 SP1
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tcorey
in reply to: Rubixcube10

I'd have to see the drawing to know for sure, but I notice a couple of things.

If you look at the locations that do show both labels, notice they are the same elevation except one is rounded to two places and one is rounded to three. This usually indicates that you have not specified your Surface2 for that band. If you right click on the Profile View and go to Profile View Properties, Bands tab, scroll the scrollbar to the right and you'll see where to specify the two profiles.

Based on your screencap, you might only have one profile. If so, you need to modify the band style to remove the FG Elevation component. If could be called something different. It depends on the person who created the band style.

Why that one spot only shows one label, I'm not sure, unless you really do have two profiles, they lay atop one another and there is a gap in one of them.

I or one of the many others who frequent this group can give you better advice if you post your drawing.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report