Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

profile data band elevations 25' for vert curves 50' for tangents

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ces
Advocate
193 Views, 1 Reply

profile data band elevations 25' for vert curves 50' for tangents

I am banging my head against a wall trying to figure out a way to get my vertical curves labeled every 25' (elevations only) while having the tangents labeled every 50'...this is an industry standard in this area and it was easy to do in Land Desktop but apparently progress comes with rigid limitations...I have even tried to just go to 25' labels for curves and tangents but it also wants to label the station every 25' which turns into an unreadable mess...I have to be missing something, this can't be this hard...if anyone has any experienc with this or thoughts on it I would appreciate any and all input...

thanks,

ces

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
BrianHailey
in reply to: ces

I can sort of do it but it's not very pretty and it's not very dynamic but it beats typing in the elvations manually. If you are knowledgable in Civil 3D, then follow these steps.

1. Create a corridor along your alignment using your profile. Set the frequency of the corridor to match your desired spacing (i.e. 25' for vertical curves and 50' for everything else). I would assume you would want to turn off all other sampling.
  2. Create points along the centerline of the corridor (if you use one of the default assemblies, make sure you turn off the crown for one of the lane subassemblies, don't want to duplicate the data).
  3. Since I couldn't figure out how to label projected points below the profile view, export the points to a text file and copy the elevations into the description column and set the datum elevation of your profile view as the elevation of the points
  4. Import the points (overwrite the original points) making sure the elevation is in the points description and the points actual elevation is the datum of the profile view.
  5. Project the points into your profile view. The points should line up along the bottom of the profile view.
  6. Create a projection label style that places the labels below the profile view so they line up with the band set and display the points "description" (which you set to the points elevation) in the label.

I know, not pretty, but it's the best I could come up with.

Out of curiosity, what part of the world are you in that this is common?

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report