Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile curve label between profile views

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
JeremyUF
2455 Views, 10 Replies

Profile curve label between profile views

I am trying to find a work-around for profile curve labels that mess up when they fall between profile views (see attached picture).

I have drawn them in manually before, but I was curious if anybody had a better method.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (3)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: JeremyUF

Are you talking about the vertical or horizontal.  If it's the vertical, you can use the "split profile" method.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 11
JeremyUF

Thanks for the reply, it is a profile curve (vertical).

My issue is the Begin Curve Station and End Curve Station fall on different sheets (thus, different profile views).  Every time this situation arises, the curve label does this (something funky).  I attached another picture that may clear things up.

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 11
ToddRogers-WPM

I take it that this happens using automatic Plan Production?

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 11
JeremyUF

it happens when the vertical curve end station falls outside the profile view.

Message 6 of 11
ToddRogers-WPM

Looks like you are going to have to copy the label style.  I would make one called ???-Left and ???-Right.  That way you can have the left one on the first sheet and the right one on the second sheet.

Todd Rogers
Message 7 of 11
jmayo-EE

I might extend the profile view so it displays correct, then in the sheet layout copy the profile view port, shorten the copy to display only the vertical grid, shorten the original to hide the extended profile view and line the 2 viewports up for plotting.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
JeremyUF
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Todd -

I'm assuming you are suggesting that I make 2 new label styles, one that doesn't call the End Station, and one that doesn't call the Begin Station  That is a good suggestion, I will give it a shot.  My guess is it will work.  🙂

I'll check back when I get a few minutes minutes to make some new styles.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Message 9 of 11
JeremyUF
in reply to: jmayo-EE

John -

That's another good suggestion.  I will give that a try, too!

Thanks!

Message 10 of 11
sirjoelsph

There is an alternative label option built into the style to overcome this problem.  Change your styles to include the "in view" options for label attachements and everything should work out just right!

Profile In View.JPG

This style even has high point built into it, but since it's not in this view, it doesn't label.

Profile In View 2.JPG

Hope that works fo you.

-JOEL
Message 11 of 11
JeremyUF
in reply to: sirjoelsph

Bingo.  Thank you so much!  That is exactly what I was looking for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report