Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Crest/Sag Curves labels

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
DDmitruk
1854 Views, 5 Replies

Profile Crest/Sag Curves labels

When labeling Crest/Sag curves of a profile in a profile view is it possible to have different label styles for similar curves?  Here is my specific example.  I have two sag curves.  The first curve has an entering tangent slope of -2% and an exiting tangent slope of 2%, creating a true low point. The second curve has an entering tangent slope of 2% and an exiting tangent slope of 5%, which does not have a low point.  They are both sag curves so are both labeled with the style selected for sag curves.  I would like exclude the low point information from label of the curve with no low point.  Is there any way to do this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: DDmitruk

My profile labels do this automagically. Smiley Happy I've attached a zip file with our 2012 roadway template so you can take a look.  You didn't say what version you were using, so I thought this would be safe. Feel free to use as you wish.

In future, it would be helpful to know which version.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Thanks for sharing this Lisa, I'd not seen this trick.

Took a bit to follow but it appears the magic is in the anchors and hidden lines.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 6
DDmitruk
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

This is exactly how I am trying to have my profile labels act but they don't.  I am going to try to dissect your label styles and figure out the "automagic" that makes that work, because my labels do not perform that way.  Is there a specific way I need to set my label styles up to make this work?

I am working with AutoCAD C3D 2014.

Message 5 of 6
DDmitruk
in reply to: Jay_B

I see what you are getting at with the anchors and hidden lines.  I will have to play with my styles to get that to work.

Message 6 of 6
GZE
Advocate
in reply to: DDmitruk

Crest & Sag curve labels in my drawing changes on paper space they look ok in model view see attached photos . I need advise on how to make them look similar am using civil 3d 2016

Humphrey GZE
Civil 3D 2013 64bit SP1
Elitebook 8540w
Core i7 2.8GHz, 8Gig RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX880
160Gb SSD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report