Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Creation Error after updating to 2013-SP2

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
benmolit4
410 Views, 7 Replies

Profile Creation Error after updating to 2013-SP2

The company I work for recently updated a few of our computers with the SP2 for Civil 3D 2013.  After this update, every time I create a surface profile, things get all messed up.  Like I have done dozens of times before, I create the profile then open the profile creation tools.  I am using the draw tangents with curves tool and as soon as I click my first tangent point, it shows up about an inch over to the left.  I have struggled through and used the grips to edit after the fact but this used to be a VERY easy task.  Anyone having this issue or know a solution?  FYI my snap isn't on or anything goofy like that and when opened on a computer without the service pack, it works as it should. 

Thanks in advance. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: benmolit4

Clutching at straws but have you got a grid snap turned on?

I have not had any issues since sp2 so it's not that.

The only thing I can suggest is to try a factory reset using the method described in the knowledge base. Be aware: you will lose all current settings and customisations so back up before hand with the migration tools.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 8
comunitar

i have the same problem.

Did anybody find a solution

tks

Message 4 of 8
benmolit4
in reply to: comunitar

The grid snap isn't on or anything like that. I thought it was isolated to my machine but then it happened to another in our office. We will be updating to 2014 soon so I will just deal with it until then. Hopefully the new version will be fine.

comunitar - Did this also happen after you updated to SP2?
Message 5 of 8
comunitar

fix it

I reinstall civil without sp and now works fine

Message 6 of 8
laudick

Our office is having the same problem.  All of our computer on SP2 are having issues with profiles.  Layouts are appearing off to the right of where they are created.  When you click on a grip to edit the original points appear to the left, but this makes it extremely hard to accurately drag you layout around to the desired location.  Any fix besides uninstalling SP2?

Message 7 of 8
bpoleuca

There is a bug and I resolved with this setting.

Go to Profile View Style => Grid and to Grid padding (major grids) set the To left = 0

Please see the attaced picture.

Good luck.

Message 8 of 8
benmolit4
in reply to: bpoleuca

I appreciate all the suggestions but the problem is still happening. We updated to 2014 and before I had a chance to try it out, updated to SP1. Autodesk, what is going on here???

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report