Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

profile constraints

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wang890
260 Views, 2 Replies

profile constraints

is there a way to set up the profile so it is anchored to horizontal geometry from certain point. that way when i change the alignment in the middle it won't cause profile to be shifted because station changes (length changed) while the vpi stations stay the same as before.

i can make a program in .net to specify a station and move all the vpi station by that amount which can be obtained easily by taking the length before you modify minus length after you modify.

pretty commong problem. it's not that hard to do in really the logic is defined. i have this alignment that's 60km long that's only one portion. hecka lots of horzontal curve and vertical curves. over 100.

Stantec
Dell Precision 5530, Prism M320PU, C3D 14/17/19
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: wang890

Station equations on the alignment should do this?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
wang890
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

the alignment is still highly unstable so can't put stations in yet.

it's ok. i got the program made in .net.

all that happens is i have a thing you put in the vpi # from and distance to shift. plus or minus. then the software will shift from left to right if it's negative and last point to the specified vpi point if positive.

took me 5 minutes to program it. works like a charm.

the distance is calculated by taking the length of alignment before you change the alignment minus the length after changing alignment. see where i am getting at?

Stantec
Dell Precision 5530, Prism M320PU, C3D 14/17/19

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report