Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile becomes associated with two alignments - Civil 3D 2013

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
joseph_lane
386 Views, 2 Replies

Profile becomes associated with two alignments - Civil 3D 2013

I am trying to have two separate alignments to each have their own separate profile. The alignments are currently the same, but are if two different files (two people need to be working on them at the same time). I even made the alignments in one file "rail" while the others are just "centerline." There will be different files for each of the profiles, both having their respective alignments data referenced in. But when I go to add the data ref for one profile, it gets added to both. See the attached image. Is there some setting I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jmayo-EE
in reply to: joseph_lane

Perhaps you're not missing a setting as much as a feature. Datashortcuts will prevent you from needing to copy an alignment for multiple users. Did you copy/paste the alignment from one dwg to the other? If so they both probably have the same ID Handle and C3D sees them as the same object. If this is the case try recreating the copy.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
joseph_lane
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Yeah, I had just copied the alignments dwg and renamed everything hoping that it would work. Them being still the same object makes sense doing it that way. I exported the alignments to LandXML and imported them into a clean dwg and I can get the data shortcuts for the profiles to be correct now. Thanks!

On a side note, is there a better way for what I'm doing? Our horizontal alignments are pretty much set, but due to time constraints we need at least two people developing the vertical profiles/corridors for a 2-mile long alignment. Our plan is for two of us to start at either end and work our ways toward the middle, and then combine the profiles later (we did a similar thing for the horizontal). I couldn't find a way to get two profiles from two separate files to be associated to the same alignment, but now I'm wondering if ended up doing something wrong since I was just copying files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report