AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
corcad
Message 1 of 3 (643 Views)
Accepted Solution

Profile Band - Spanning Pipe Labels

643 Views, 2 Replies
03-30-2012 07:40 AM

I was looking at placing pipe information into a Profile Band. I see that I can include the following properties in a pipe label in the profile band:

<[Total Slope Across Span(FP|P2|RN|AP|GC|UN|Sn|OF)]>
<[Number of Pipes in Span(GC|UN|Sn)]>
<[Drop Across Span(Um|P2|RN|AP|GC|UN|Sn|OF)]>

Only problem is they don't actually give me the information of a spanning pipe, only a single pipe. I see no way of choosing which pipes will be spanned. Am i missing something in the creation of the profile band that allows me to choose the spanning pipes or is this broken?

Any thoughts on this are appreciated :smileyhappy:

Matthew Corbin

Those properties can't be used in a band (well, they can, but you only get one pipe,) only in labels and tables. Maybe you can find a way to make using labels work for you.

Tim

Thats what I thought, but I didnt want to believe it. The goal was to label spanning slope and length of the pipes in the profile band. At the moment we have created a pipe label that gets moved to the profile band. It works, but is not ideal. Thanks for your help.

Matthew Corbin

*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 2 of 3 (636 Views)

Re: Profile Band - Spanning Pipe Labels

03-30-2012 09:02 AM in reply to: corcad

Those properties can't be used in a band (well, they can, but you only get one pipe,) only in labels and tables. Maybe you can find a way to make using labels work for you.

Tim

Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller
Contributor
corcad
Message 3 of 3 (635 Views)

Re: Profile Band - Spanning Pipe Labels

03-30-2012 09:07 AM in reply to: tcorey

Thats what I thought, but I didnt want to believe it. The goal was to label spanning slope and length of the pipes in the profile band. At the moment we have created a pipe label that gets moved to the profile band. It works, but is not ideal. Thanks for your help.

Matthew Corbin

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.