Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Band - Plot Proposed and Existing Text at Different Lineweights

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
elittleton73
1480 Views, 4 Replies

Profile Band - Plot Proposed and Existing Text at Different Lineweights

I'm trying to set my profile band to plot the proposed and existing text on the band at different lineweights.  I've went into the profile view properties --> band tab --> band style --> band details tab --> compose label for major station and minor station --> layout tab.  Under text section, I changed the lineweight to a specific value.  Say 0.20 mm for EG elevation and 0.30 mm for FG.  But when I plot the profile all the text are the same.  I'm thinking there must be somewhere else I need to change this, but I can't find.  It may even be a limitation of Civil 3D.  Any ideas would be great.  Thanks.  I use a .stb file for plotting.

Eddie

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Band styles can be challenging. I have attached a dwf and dwg showing something I put together.

I know this band style is far from perfect but at least it is something that gets the info on the sheet.

The band style is named the same as the dwg file.

I use a ctb file. In the band style I assigned color and lineweight to the major and minor labels and in my ctb file most colors are set to plot objects lineweight.I am not sure how using a stb works.

What you want to do is certainly possible I suspect that you may have to modify something in your stb file?

Maybe this will help.

Good Luck.

Kyle

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your help Kyle.  After looking at your drawing, I was able to determine what was causing my problem.  The existing and finished grade labels were being plotted on C-ROAD-PROF-TEXT and I had that layer set to plot at 0.012 inches lineweight.  Even though I had change the information in the band style, the plot style setting in my layer manager was controlling.  By changing the plot style setting to either "normal" or "black", the labels plotted with the different lineweights.  I also determined if I create two bands, one for EG labels and one for FG labels, set the bands to overlap, I can create a separate layer for each.  This works good too and seems to give more versatility.  Thanks again for your help.

Eddie

Message 4 of 5

Eddie,

It is good to hear that you were successful. Glad I could help.

The overlapping bands, seperate layer concept sounds interesting.

Thanks for the idea.

Kyle

Message 5 of 5
annw2
in reply to: elittleton73

That would also solve my prblem of wanting two different fonts for the existing grade and proposed grade elevations.  I couldn't find anywhere else

Ann Wingert, P.E.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report