Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile and Station labels in Viewports

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
320 Views, 7 Replies

Profile and Station labels in Viewports

I have a background I inserted into a sheet file and brought a profile and plan view into paper space through a vieport.  When I do this both the profile and alignment labels come in microscopic.  Both are set to .125 in the styles in the backgorund.

Anyone know what could cause this.  We have this issues happening in more then one file.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
KirkNoonan
in reply to: Anonymous

Possibly being re-scaled by the chspace command. If I may ask, why do you want your plan and profile in paper space?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: KirkNoonan

We dont reconize that command  Must be an add-on.....Our sheet are normally in Paper Space and we are using viewports to bring the data into it.

Message 4 of 8
Jay_B

@Anonymous wrote:

We dont reconize that command  Must be an add-on

It's a core AutoCad command at least back to 2010 version.

It only works from layout tab and "Command not allowed in Model Tab".

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

oh the change space command......yea, my question has nothing ot do about that.   When I bring objects into paperspace through a viewport the scaling of the profile and alignment texts are way off for some reason

Message 6 of 8
Jay_B

Does the MS scale in the base file match the VP scale in the sheet file? These should match.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 7 of 8
KirkNoonan

Sorry, I misunderstood the part about bringing your objects into paper space. Are the text styles in the profile view styles defined differently in your source drawing than in the target drawing? Try changing to model space and setting the drawing scale to the same scale as your viewport and see how the text looks there. Does an annotative mtext object behave the same way?

Message 8 of 8
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

I'm trying to determine if your P&P are in the current layout drawing.  Label styles in Civil 3D don't like to be xreffed. They are DATA, NOT graphics. Labels are for plans, not models.  Shortcut the data, then label it.  Many have had success with xrefs because the scale of the xref dwg is the same as their layout drawing.

My apologies if I'm mistaken.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report