Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

processor requirements for autocad civil 3d 2014

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jnjhuz
598 Views, 6 Replies

processor requirements for autocad civil 3d 2014

Is this - intel (r) core (tm)2 duo cpu e6850 @ 3.00 ghz 2.99 ghz - processor good enough to run Autocad civil 3d 2014? I looked at the processor requirements but I don't understand them.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
AllenJessup
in reply to: jnjhuz

You might want to take a look at this site: http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core2+Duo+E6850+%40+3.00GHz

Any processor that will run a 64 bit OS should be able to run Civil 3D. Run it well. Probably not. This one does seem to be withing the minimum requirements. What are the specs of the computer it's going to be in?

Being a dual core isn't much of a disadvantage when running Civil 3D. Civil 3D doesn't do much multi-threading. However if you're going to be gunning a couple of other programs at the same time. You might notice some lag.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
jnjhuz
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thanks, that was helpful.

It has 8 GB of RAM. That seems to work.
Message 4 of 7
dgorsman

Clock speed isn't the sole measure of how fast a processor is.  While a Core2Duo and a latest generation i5 may both have a listed clock speed of 3 GHz, the features in the newer chip and supporting chips on the motherboard (QPI, SATA 3, USB 3, and so on) will process more data, faster.  Operating system can have an effect as well.  32-bit XP flies on the older processor but 64-bit Win 7 is a bit pokey at times, while the modern processor barely notices x64 Win7.

For what its worth, I'm on a Core2Duo Xeon right now and while she's been a trooper its one of the last in the company as IT has been cycling them out wherever possible.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 7
jnjhuz
in reply to: dgorsman

The computer is running 64-bit Windows 7. It is the computer I'm making the deployment for Autocad civil 3d 2014. The computers that run the program from here will hopefully have a more updated processor. But good to know that this processor will work for now.

Message 6 of 7
Mark_Castle

I'm running a Core 2 Duo 6400 in a Dell workstation that I bought back in 2007. I've maxed out the RAM to 8 GB, and I put in a larger 1 TB WD Black hard drive. Civil 3D runs acceptably on this setup for me, but I'll probably upgrade to a new machine in the next year or two. I'm pretty happy that I've been able to squeeze seven plus years out of this machine with a few upgrades along the way. Smiley Happy

Mark Castle
Win 10 64-Bit, Thinkpad P50
16 GB RAM; Core i7-6820HQ; Quadro M1000M
Message 7 of 7
jnjhuz
in reply to: Mark_Castle

OK, Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report