Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with crashings

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jwilkerson
102 Views, 5 Replies

Problems with crashings

I've been messing around with the profiles tutorials for a week or so. I've also been trying to customize profile labels. However, my computer has been crashing a lot. I am working with Civil 3d 2005, and my computer is well above the minimum recommendations P4 2.8 ghz 2 GB ram. Is this normal to have the computer crash so much using Civil 3d?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jwilkerson

Not usually - but you don't mention operating system and video card. -- Karl Fuls PLS Autocad AEC Training and Consulting Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator jwilkerson wrote: > I've been messing around with the profiles tutorials for a week or > so. I've also been trying to customize profile labels. However, my > computer has been crashing a lot. I am working with Civil 3d 2005, > and my computer is well above the minimum recommendations P4 2.8 ghz > 2 GB ram. Is this normal to have the computer crash so much using > Civil 3d?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Is there any particular command you were doing at the time of crash? or can you please tell us what are the few operations/commands you did in Civil 3D as it crashed? This information will help a lot in singling out the issue. Thanks Chakri Autodesk Inc "jwilkerson" wrote in message news:3296862.1111727739746.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I've been messing around with the profiles tutorials for a week or so. > I've also been trying to customize profile labels. However, my computer > has been crashing a lot. I am working with Civil 3d 2005, and my computer > is well above the minimum recommendations P4 2.8 ghz 2 GB ram. Is this > normal to have the computer crash so much using Civil 3d?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

"jwilkerson" wrote in message news:3296862.1111727739746.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I've been messing around with the profiles tutorials for a week or so. > I've also been trying to customize profile labels. However, my computer > has been crashing a lot. I am working with Civil 3d 2005, and my computer > is well above the minimum recommendations P4 2.8 ghz 2 GB ram. Is this > normal to have the computer crash so much using Civil 3d? No, it's not normal to see Civil3D crashing :) If you're seeing crashes working through the tutorials, could you please let us know which one, and which step? We'll try and reproduce it here. If it's not that, can you tell us if you can repeat the problem consistently or if it's random? Please verify that for C3D 2005 SP1 is installed, Windows XP SP2, proper (stable, supported) drivers for your graphics card are installed, etc. -- Himanshu Gohel. Civil3D Team, Autodesk, Inc. Autodesk Civil3D Product Information <>
Message 5 of 6
jwilkerson

All I have played around with are profiles. I have had it crash, when I move a profile label, insert a label, and change a labels properties. Next time it happens, I'll let you know.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

"jwilkerson" wrote in message news:16864198.1111773537326.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > All I have played around with are profiles. I have had it crash, when I > move a profile label, insert a label, and change a labels properties. > Next time it happens, I'll let you know. Yes, if you can reproduce any problems, you can certainly post details because this functionality is not known to cause crashes in simple usage. When you do send in any reports, please post information about your system such as C3D version (including service pack), Windows (including service pack) and ensure that you have stable/WHQL certified drivers for your graphics card. -- Himanshu Gohel. Civil3D Team, Autodesk, Inc. Autodesk Civil3D Product Information <>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report