Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Civil3d

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Joe-Bouza
486 Views, 5 Replies

Problems with Civil3d

There may be some bumps along the way. I have griped, many have griped. But truth be told, I could not do my job without Civil3d(period).

I could never go back to LDD, Microstation gave me carpel tunnel with all the tentative point clicks....

I'm happy as a clam with civil3d.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
gjrcmb
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Good to hear.  I went through comparing Microstation/InRoads to AutoCAD Civil 3D in the last six months, but have settled into Civil 3D as I am more centric to the AutoCAD world in my experience.  I definitely like the dynamic aspects of C3D and all of the granularity in style and labeling abilities, although there does seem to be a lot layers of complexity, however maybe that cannot be avoided given task at hand.  While I have not had the chance to use C3D in a production environment as of yet, I can see that it offers greater design and plan production efficiences than LDD.

Less clicks is definitely better.

Message 3 of 6
mostafa-ace
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

My problem is this:

I have been installed Civil 3D on my computer and worked with it for a while (about two weeks). However, an odd problem occurred after that. The program (civil 3D) has been changed to AutoCAD. In other words, all menus and ribbons which are related to Civil 3D has been disappeared.

It should be noted that I have faced with this problem 3 times, and whenever I reinstalled the program, it has been aroused after a while.

Please help me with my problem. I have wasted lots of time because of it.

The specification of my System:

Windows XP (28 bit), Civil 3D 2012

Message 4 of 6

Hi,

you have at two options to start Civil3D, one is "Civil as AutoCAD" ==> and when you used this icon to start your CAD then you started just AutoCAD without Civil-functionality. So verify what icon you used (what profile you used) to start.

The other options might be you changed your workspace, if you got the problem again (and it's the Civil3D-profile you have started) then change your workspace to Civil3D.

- alfred -

PS: please create a new thread, don't place your question into any other thread that has nothing to do with your problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for your comment, and I will create a new topic for my other new problems.

I am sure that I click on the Civil 3D icon. I tried that from "Start menu", too. However, the program does not work functionally as Civil 3D. All menus and ribbons related to Civil 3D have been disappeared. The program starts like merely an AutoCAD. 

I also changed the workspace, but there isn't any item for Civil 3D.

It is very strange and I have had this problem 3 times after a new installation.

Message 6 of 6
LyleHardin
in reply to: mostafa-ace

If you accidentilly start C3D with the wrong icon, you can also go to Options > Profiles and pick on the profile you want to be Current.

In the properties of the C3D desktop (or start menu) icon, you can strip out the /P and everything to the right. That way, AutoCAD will start up as it was last used whether it was as AutoCAD or Civil 3D.

Just sayin'

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report