Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems when creating blocks with attributes

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
wbrustle
332 Views, 6 Replies

problems when creating blocks with attributes

Our company has created some blocks with attributes and when using the move command with these blocks when it asks you to pick the second point of placement, I can no longer visually see the block, but when I save and then exit the drawing and get back in, the block is there....anyone else have this issue when using the move command?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: wbrustle

Try turning on Hardware Acceleration and see if that helps.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
JDIAL

Did you try typing regen

Message 4 of 7
wbrustle
in reply to: JDIAL

How do you turn on hardware acceleration? Yes I have tried regen and it makes it worse. Actually, after the regen command all my graphics disappear and I can no longer see anything on my screen anymore...but as soon as I save, exit my drawing and get back in, everything is normal again.

Message 5 of 7
Jay_B

Lower rt. of screen there should be an icon that looks like a speedometer needle.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 7
wbrustle

I just tested something else in the drawing, it seems to happen when I move the block only the first time. Once I save, exit and re-enter drawing, that block that is now on my screen again seems to move all over the place with out a problem.

Message 7 of 7
wbrustle

thank you Jay......that seemed to work!! What exactly does turning the hardware acceleration on and off do? Should I always leave it on?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report