Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems printing from 2009 to a new Canon iPF825

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
741 Views, 4 Replies

Problems printing from 2009 to a new Canon iPF825

Hello,

I have a client who is using the 2009 version of AutoCAD Civil 3D and bought a new Canon iPF825 from me.  He is having problems getting the software to print a file that has a aerial photo raster image in the background.  The software appears to be hanging and not sending the file completely to the plotter.  When the file makes it over it doesn't print the whole thing and it takes a long time to transfer and print.  I have a copy of AutoCAD 2012 on my laptop and connected the laptop directly to the machine via crossover cable and was able to send all of the layers and it printed quickly but since I only have regular AutoCAD I wasn't able to print the raster image in the background.  Any tips or suggestions?  Anyone had a similar experience?  I know it is not a problem with the plotter directly as it will print everything else I throw at it.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
antoniovinci
in reply to: Anonymous

Instead of printing directly from Civil, try to plot to a PDF file, then send this one to the plotter by means of Adobe Reader...

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thank you for the tip.  I had him try that at one point but when he tried to create a PDF it locked up his system.

Message 4 of 5
AllenJessup

Sounds like his computer may be underpowered.

I don't have experience with Cannon printers. If it were an HP I would say make sure you're using the best driver possible, not the stock one. HP often provides or suggests drivers to use with AutoCAD.

See if there is a setting finish the plot in the computer or minimize plotter memory requirements. He may be running out of memory in the Cannon.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
dgcds

try adjusting these settings

rasterthreshold

rasterpercent

fixed it for us on an ipf820

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report