Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in Superevation

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
atulbhobe
366 Views, 8 Replies

Problems in Superevation

As we all know that irc for rural roads with frequent intersection says that super elevation can be restricted to 4% but when ever we generate superelevation for plan and roalling terian , by default it taks or ristricts for 7% so it becomes very difficult to manually edit especially when there are more no of curves in a alignmant

also the softeare doesnot  as consider the methof of attainment of superelevation ie pavement is rotated abovt its center or from inner edge or from outer edge

pls suggest a solution for this problem

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: atulbhobe

Version number?

I am able (in 2012/13/14) to select a pivot point position other than centreline.

Solution, Upgrade possibly.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 9
atulbhobe
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Version is 2013, 

you mean to say we have to do it manually by dragging the pivot points..?

if that is so it dosnt save my time na..?

Message 4 of 9
MikeEvansUK

in the superelevation wizzard, pivot points. Or did you mean something different?

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 5 of 9
atulbhobe
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

i mean , i dont want to do it manually automatically it has to generate superelevation for 4%, by default its considering 7% superelevation na like wise it has to consider 4% if i doing rural road design
Message 6 of 9
david.zavislan

The superelevation rate is controlled by the selected design criteria file and superelevation rate table.  If the default files do not contain the values that you need, you can create and edit your own criteria files.

CalcSuperAtainment.jpg

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 7 of 9
atulbhobe
in reply to: david.zavislan

Wat you suggested is by following  AASHTO code but i want to follow the IRC code in which rate of attainment of superelevation is different , also the design from AASHTO varies with IRC design so i need 4% superelevation to be done using IRC code .

Message 8 of 9
david.zavislan

I did not suggest that you use ASHTO standards.  My intent was to show where Civil 3D gets superelevation rates from design criteria files.   I am in the United States, so the version of the software that I installed comes with AASHTO design criteria files.   The country kit that was selected when you installed Civil 3D may contain IRC standards.  If not, you will need to create your own design criteria file.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 9 of 9
atulbhobe
in reply to: david.zavislan

ya, i know that we have to modify the program according to our requirements, but the prob is i dont know how to write the program in that so i thought if any readymade programs are available for restricting the superelevation to 4% so that will be helpful for me

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report