Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Exploding Desk Keys

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
yazzie91
567 Views, 8 Replies

Problems Exploding Desk Keys

Civil 3d2013

I have a pretty big surface I am drafting. I'm using desc keys for my survey (signs, power poles, w.m., w.v., s.m.h., c.o., etc.). My client is (old school) using an older version of CAD and he cannot see any blocks, so I have to explode the entire drawing so everything is lines and text. The problem I am running into is when I explode more than one desc key, some of them scale down to something like 0.001. They only way I can get a basic "lines and text" CAD file is to explode each desc key one my one which is very time consuming. I really hope there is a solution to this.

note: "create blocks from cogo points" does not work.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mathewkol
in reply to: yazzie91

Are you using the explode command or are you using the "Export to DWG" tool? Try both to see if there's any difference. Also, when some explode fine and some don't, are you exploding just the points or other objects as well? Try selecting only points and then exploding.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 9
yazzie91

I am using the explode command and I only grab points when that happens. I'll give "export to DWG" when I get back to the office.
Message 4 of 9
SurveyorLee

There is also an older command named "BURST" that may work for you.  It did in the ealry versions of Civil 3D, going backwards.  It's been awhile since I used it, but, if I remember correctly, it also explodes the blocks and leaves them on the correct layers, instead of moving them back to the creation layer.

Hope this helps

Survey Lee

Message 5 of 9
yazzie91

The burst command didn't work.

When I try the "exporttoacaddxf, 2004, etc." it scales down all my blocks too.

Message 6 of 9
SurveyorLee

Sounds like a challenge to me.  Can you send me a copy of the dwg to play around with?

Message 7 of 9
odoshi

Hi Yazzie,

Check out our app in the Exchange Store, Extract Point Blocks. It will pull out (extract) the block in use by the COGO Point and leave it on top of the point. Then, at least if your points go into proxy mode, you still have the blocks.

HTH,

Mike

Mike Caruso
Autodesk Certified Instructor 2014
AutoCAD/Civil 3D Autodesk Certified Professional 2014, 2015, 2018
www.whitemountaincad.com
Message 8 of 9
mpowelljr79
in reply to: odoshi

I export to Autocad - 2000 format quite often with good success, just check the file after the export because sometimes it's asleep at the wheel and forgets some objects.

Message 9 of 9
yazzie91
in reply to: odoshi

That seemed to do the trick. Well worth the $2.99. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report