Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems creating a corridor surface

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
215 Views, 2 Replies

Problems creating a corridor surface

I have created a corridor along my proposed horizontal alignment and I have my proposed vertical alignment in place. The problem is when I go to the Corridor Properties under the Surfaces tab. I pick the Create a Corridor Surface button and then I pick the Add Surface Item button with the Data Type set to Link and the Code set to Top. Then I hit Apply and the corridor remodels and proceeds to crash every time. Is there a step that I'm leaving out that is causing the program to crash? I am a new Civil 3D user so any info would be helpful. Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Once a corridor is prepared with the appropriate horizontal, vertical alignments and assembly (you should be able to see it on screen), the design SURFACE can then be created: (This is very important.)

Prospector > Corridors > Rd Corridor – rt click – Properties - Surfaces tab > create a corridor surf for Top and Datum – then do the outside Boundaries for the Top and Datum surfaces (rt clik, add auto, Daylight).
Then : Corridors > Export > Corridor Surfaces

This creates a surface; look in Prospector Surfaces and it should be there. Done!
Message 3 of 3
dana.probert
in reply to: Anonymous

i dont think he is able to get the attached corridor surface built- it is crashing before he can get the first round done.

Some things that have helped me in similar situations:
SP1, SP2, HF2 first of all 🙂

things that make corridors hard to build/crashy:

1)Make sure you picked your FG as the profile. I have people constantly picking the EG which makes a heavy (and ridiculous) corridor
2)Make sure all logical names that are appropriate are mapped- like daylight surface and target alignments if applicable
3)If the alignmnet doubles back on itself or makes a loop, it sometimes does weird things when it runs into the other side of the alignment
4)make sure the subassembly parts are used properly- no doubles, detached or similar weirdness
5)make sure to pick a boundary

Can you post the drawing with as far as you got?
Dana Probert, P.E.
Technical Marketing Manager, Civil Engineering
Autodesk
Blog: BIM on the Rocks
Learn More About BIM for Infrastructure

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report