Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with text size in Paper space

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
OskarVGislason
9942 Views, 6 Replies

Problem with text size in Paper space

Hi

I'm having a problem with labeling points in Civil 3D 2012

They turn out huge in layout and I can't find out how to fix it.

The drawing was originally recieved in Imperial form from another CAD software.

I work in meters or millimeters. Millimeters in this drawing.

Attached is the drawing with labeled points. I've made them very tiny in Model space but they still end up huge in Layout.

I've googled this problem quite alot and found solutions that didn't work for me.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Óskar

Iceland

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

>> Any ideas?

May be ... I have no idea of how big is the geometry ... so I can't decide at the moment what is right and what is wrong.

But what I see: your drawing-units are set to mm, your "Layout1" shows in the pagesetup that the paper is measured in inch, not im mm. If you change this to mm you'll see that you get a scaling og 1:0.03937 as a result. Now try to modify:

a) the plot-units to mm

b) the plotscaling (in pagesetup) 1 = 1

c) save and close the pagesetup-dialog ==> you will see that the viewport is quite small ==> resize it to the current paper size

==> OK now?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
gjrcmb
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Adding to Alfred's comments as well as my similar observations, I did the following in a copy of your file:

* Changed Annotation Scale to 1:50_1 on the Model tab, so that I can see the point label text.
* Created a copy of Layout1 and renamed it Layout1 Modified.
* Selected and right clicked on the Layout1 Modified, and went into the Page Setup Manager and Set Current the "a1-svart-HP650c" page setup, which set the sheet up in millimeters.
* Resized the Viewport to the new limits of the page layout on Layout1 Modified.
* Selected the Viewport, right clicked, selected Properties and changed the Annotation and Standard Scale for the Viewport to 1:50_1 to be consistent with the setting on the Model tab.
* Now the text size is consistent in size on both the model and Layout1 Modified tab.  See attached file.

Of coarse, you will want to set the model space and viewport annotation scales to your own needs, but they should be the same scale.  Or you may need to adjust the Point Label Style > XY Coordinate Style text size which is currently set at 0.5mm.

Message 4 of 7
OskarVGislason
in reply to: gjrcmb

Thanks a bunch guys....works like a charm.

Rooky mistake on my end 🙂

Message 5 of 7
gjrcmb

Oskar,

As I side note, be aware that I am using the Student Version of C3D, so the file I posted is intended to just be an example of how to resolve your issue and should not be used for production.  Glad that took care of it.

Thanks,

Message 6 of 7
Jozi68

How do you change the Annotation scale on the Model tab?

Message 7 of 7
troma
in reply to: Jozi68

scale.PNG

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report