Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with slope patterns Civil3d2005

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
snowdrop
394 Views, 3 Replies

Problem with slope patterns Civil3d2005

Slope patterns in Civil3d2005 simply don't work at all !. I have created a corridor and then i go to slope patterns tab, select feature, i select as feature line 1 the end of shoulder (EPS) and as feature line 2 the daylight fill. The program just crashes, or corridor lines disappear, or it produces some lines which are completely messed up. I tried same thing for a smaller range of station and in some cases it does it correctly but not for the whole alignment. I also tried exporting corridor feature lines to grading feature lines and create a grading from these lines to the existing ground surface. It don't work either. Is it a bug ? Is there a way to get it working right ?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: snowdrop

I could work with slope patterns on corridors. If you don't mind can you give me the corridor dwg that isn't working for you, so that i can a take a look and help you out? Chakri Autodesk chakravarthy.gavini@autodesk.com "snowdrop" wrote in message news:31136252.1100775359477.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Slope patterns in Civil3d2005 simply don't work at all !. I have created a corridor and then i go to slope patterns tab, select feature, i select as feature line 1 the end of shoulder (EPS) and as feature line 2 the daylight fill. The program just crashes, or corridor lines disappear, or it produces some lines which are completely messed up. I tried same thing for a smaller range of station and in some cases it does it correctly but not for the whole alignment. I also tried exporting corridor feature lines to grading feature lines and create a grading from these lines to the existing ground surface. It don't work either. Is it a bug ? Is there a way to get it working right ?
Message 3 of 4
snowdrop

The .dwg is quite big because it contains the surface too. Is there a way to send you only the corridor without the surface ?
Message 4 of 4
snowdrop

I managed to reduced size of dwg file and i can attach it now. What i am trying to do is from properties tab of the corridor, go to slope patterns tab, then add slope pattern, select EPS as feat1 and daylight fill as feat2 with style Fill and another pattern, EPS as feat1 and Daylight cut as feat2 with style Cut. Is there another way apart from this, to display differently cut and fill daylights and projection lines. I think it's a very important issue here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report