Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with scale to plot

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sakuramukuro
480 Views, 6 Replies

Problem with scale to plot

At the begining I had this problem that in layout were showed huge labels, then I made what in autodesk help was:  Scale the  "mview" to 40, now my labels dont look big anymore,  but now when I try to print 1 -1 It is not plotted this way, in the layout sometihg that have a lenght of 100 m  when I plot It is 85 m aprox... 

Help!  How can I make this to plot the same lenght is in layout? 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
odoshi
in reply to: sakuramukuro

The viewport properties should have Standard Scale and Annotation Scale both = 40. In the Plot dialog, set What to Plot = Layout and scale 1:1.

Mike Caruso
Autodesk Certified Instructor 2014
AutoCAD/Civil 3D Autodesk Certified Professional 2014, 2015, 2018
www.whitemountaincad.com
Message 3 of 7
sakuramukuro
in reply to: odoshi

The drawing dissapears from the viewport when I do that, and you mean, these options that I am displaying in the picture, because I can not set 40 ?  😞   

Message 4 of 7
KirkNoonan

Set your viewport to display what you want to see. Then go to the Eexpress Tools tab -> Layout and List Viewport Scale. That should give you an idea of what the viewport scale needs to be set to in order to plot correctly. Set that scale accordingly. You should usually plot at 1:1. It sounds like you might need to adjust your styles and/or annotative scale to work with the viewport scale.

Message 5 of 7
AllenJessup

Things seem a little confused here. You said you set your VP Scale to 40 but mention a 100 m line. You don't say 40 what, but 40 sounds like an Imperial scale. Unless you're at 1/10 of a 400 scale. When you measure the 100 m line as 85 m. What type of scale are you using to measure it?

The Metric scale closest to an Imperial 1" = 40' scale is a 500 scale.

Are your labels Mtext, Dimensions or Civil 3D labels?

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
dgordon

This is what a 40 scale viewport properties box should look like.

to make a view 40 scale you click into floating model space and type in at the command line zoom [enter] 1/40xp [enter]

the [enter] part is just hitting the enter key on the keyboard.   make sure the viewport is not locked before trying to change the view scale.

40 scale vp settings

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 7 of 7
troma

Check the units in the page setup for your layout.  If you're in metric, this should be mm.  If often gets reset to inches if you are using inch-size paper.  (Obviously if your layout is in inches, this should be inches too.  Just make sure it matches your paperspace units.)

plot.png

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report