Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with placing cursor on lines

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
375 Views, 5 Replies

Problem with placing cursor on lines

I just downloaded the AutoCAD Civil 2010 onto my laptop, and now I am trying trim lines, and the program won't allow me to. It only allows me to place the cursor on centain parts of the workspace, as if the whole page is divided into squares, and I can only put the cursor on their corners. Also when drawing a line it will automatically place the line at the end of another regardless of where I place the cursor. Is this more of a problem with my laptop than the program? I'm pretty new to using CAD, so if anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Sinc
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like you have your grid snap turned on.  It's one of the things at the bottom of the screen.  You can also turn it on/off by hitting F3.

Sinc
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Sinc

I tried F3 and nothing happened.... Any other ideas? 😕

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

F3 is for osnaps. Type in snap at th cammand line enter now you have the snap setting turn off or set to your liking

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

It's working!! Thank you so much! 😄 Sorry if my queries sound silly.... Thanks again for the help!

Message 6 of 6
BrianHailey

It's F9 that toggles the grid snap on and off. I know this because I use e-pointer and F9 toggles my e-pointer on and off and it's always messing up that setting.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report