Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEM WITH MY POINT GROUPS PROPERTIES

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
EJMartinez
1092 Views, 6 Replies

PROBLEM WITH MY POINT GROUPS PROPERTIES

I created all of my points that i imported into their own category ex. CL, CONC, GND, FLPIPE etc. First thing i did was create a point group and labeled it NO DISPLAY and added all the points into that point group. I then turn that point groups point style and point label style to "none." everything was alright. I then created a surface, and when i view the surface, i have a spiked elevation. i then check that point and noticed the elevation is 1000 feet more than the points surrounding it. so i go to the .txt file and change it. After that I then re-import the points. Then i get a pop up to rebuild my surface, which i did. Then under all my point groups i had a little icon telling me to update all my points, which i did. Then my spiked elevations went away. Now when I change the hierarchy of the groups for example I arrange all the point groups under the NO DISPLAY group, for some odd reason my FCOR group is still being displayed. What seems to cause this? How can it be fixed?

F.Y.I. THE POINT THAT HAD A SPIKED ELEVATION OF 1000 FEET MORE IS PNT # 1199, ELEVATION 6960.53 (IS SUPPOSE TO BE 5960.53) AND DESCRIPTION FLPIPE.

THANKS

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
BrianHailey
in reply to: EJMartinez

Every once in a while I'll see the point group reorder not change the display immediately. A regen of the drawing usually fixes this.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 7
EJMartinez
in reply to: BrianHailey

that aint the case with this. ive done a regenall and still nothing has changed. still have the same problem

Message 4 of 7
DaveM

Look at the propertys of the point in the drawing. The point label tyle should say default, if it says anything other than default it will over ride what the primary point group is telling it to be.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 5 of 7
troma

Do you have the overrides set in the NO DISPLAY group?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 6 of 7
doni49
in reply to: troma

Can you post your dwg file?  If it's really large, try removing all the graphics except the points and purge.  That should shrink the file to make it small enough while still allowing us to see the problem.

EDIT:  Don't forget to SAVE your file first and then do a Save As.  Post the new file.  I wouldn't want you to damage your working file.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 7 of 7
EJMartinez
in reply to: DaveM

here is something that i did to cause this problem. when i first created points into their own point groups, i then went to setting tab under the toolspace and expanded point>description key sets. i right clicked on the key set i use and selected edit keys. i then made a copy of one of the keys and names it FCOR*. i set the Point style to default and the point label style to default. next i then clicked on the prospector tab on toolspace and expanded the point groups and right clicked on the FCOR* point group. i then selected "apply description key." thats how it all started. the fcor overides the no display point group even if the no display point group overrides all the point groups in the point group properties. i deleted the fcor* description key set and i applied the description key again to the same group but still no change. now im trying to reverse this problem back to the way i had it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report