Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with label scales?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
DWuru
343 Views, 6 Replies

Problem with label scales?

I work in civil 3D 2010.

The problem is when i work in the viewport in the layout all the labels change scales all the time. When i regen the viewport the labels make small as they should be, but when we open they are big not allowing seeing nothing. 

Someone told me the problem could be with the scales as they are anotative, but i dont understand why they keep changing size.

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
AllenJessup
in reply to: DWuru

When you work inside a viewport using Maximize Viewport. Any Civil 3D labels and any annotative objects will react to the scale set by the zoom factor. So a regen will change the label size. Once back in Paperspace a RegenAll will return everything to the original display scale set in the viewport.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
ldodge86
in reply to: AllenJessup

So how does one keep the text from changing size while inside of a maximized viewport?

Message 4 of 7
AllenJessup
in reply to: ldodge86

No way that I know of.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
ldodge86
in reply to: AllenJessup

I would think that when zooming in and out in the maximize viewport mode that there would be someway to lock the labels so they don't change when regening. Thanks for the help.
Message 6 of 7
doni49
in reply to: ldodge86

The trouble is that when you zoom in/out, you're changing the VP scale.  The labels are sized based upon the VP scale.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 7 of 7
ldodge86
in reply to: doni49

I understand what you're saying about the viewport scale, but if you're inside a viewport, and your viewport is locked, then the maximized viewport function should not change the scale of the labels.
This is something that should me looked into for future releases.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report