Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with file

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
168 Views, 1 Reply

Problem with file

I'm running to a problem with my Civil 3D file when it comes to grading.

I have 2 separate files, one saved at an earlier time and one saved afterwards.

When I grade with the one I saved afterwards, It freezes and crashes on me. I'm wondering if there is someone out there who knows a solution or a work-around for this issue.

Grade the lots #23-#29 using the corridor to turn it into a feature line and then step offset it towards the south...

Thanks ahead of time if anyone has a solution.

unfortunately, the file size is >1.5mb (2.8mb) so wouldn't allow me to attach using the forum options

Civil 3D file

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Anonymous

I haven't grabbed your file yet because Im not near a work station. Question: you mention corridor? Is this a grading issue with grading wizard? I have found most issues with grading go back to the Feature lines; too many verts, bad geometry (i.e. Presence of pseudo nodes, sharp turns, etc.), overlaps with other FL in same site, and using undo during grading operations. ( ever notice the grading panorama is one of the few without an undo arrow?).

Are any of these factors possible in your grading problem?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report