Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with BasicLane Transtion

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kevincurrey
192 Views, 2 Replies

problem with BasicLane Transtion

Can someone please help me understand what I'm doing wrong with a basic lane transition? Instead of conforming to my target alignment, the width stays at the default value. I have an assembly with a curb attached to the center and a basiclane transition attached to curb. Both are set to the left side. The lane has a default width of 12. The assembly is attached to my main alignment, with another alignment to the "left" that I target in the Logical Name Mapping Dialogue box. As I said, after I build the corridor, the lane doesn't adjust to the width, it just stays at 12. I'm fairly new to C3D so I'm willing to concede that I've missed something, but I have no idea what it could be. Thank you.

Kevin Currey
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: kevincurrey

Hi Kevin, Select the lane transition in your assembly and, in the properties window, under the Advanced section, make sure the pulldown for transition is set to "Change offset and elevation" or another appropriate choice based on your situation. -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM "kevincurrey" wrote in message news:3573941.1106897287300.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Can someone please help me understand what I'm doing wrong with a basic > lane transition? Instead of conforming to my target alignment, the width > stays at the default value. I have an assembly with a curb attached to > the center and a basiclane transition attached to curb. Both are set to > the left side. The lane has a default width of 12. The assembly is > attached to my main alignment, with another alignment to the "left" that I > target in the Logical Name Mapping Dialogue box. As I said, after I build > the corridor, the lane doesn't adjust to the width, it just stays at 12. > I'm fairly new to C3D so I'm willing to concede that I've missed > something, but I have no idea what it could be. Thank you. > > Kevin Currey
Message 3 of 3
kevincurrey
in reply to: kevincurrey

Thank you Brian. I finally figured that out about an hour after I posted the message. Now I have a new problem - the lane extends too far. But it only happens when I use a curb in the middle to act as a median. If the lane is attached to the center of the assembly, it extends to the offset alignment like it's supposed to. Thank you again to anyone willing to help.

Kevin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report