Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem update survey figure

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mat369
356 Views, 1 Reply

problem update survey figure

Hello

I did a small road servey. I imported the points from my fieldbook using survey -> new local survey database, data source type = point file.

Thanks too the current linework code set and figure prefix database, I became a drawing with cogopoints connected by survey figures (lines)

Now I want to change the location off one cogopoint.

I do that via toolspace -> survey -> import events -> survey points -> edit points.

I change the norting and easting, right mouseclick apply.

It doenst't change but when I go back to toolspace -> survey -> import events -> survey points -> update, the cogopoint changes its location.

Now I want the line (survey figure) to be reconstructed.

All I end up with is via toolspace -> survey -> import events -> rightmouse and process linework (insert figure objects = yes, insert survey points = yes)

The new line is reconstructed but now all my survey figures are double.

What should I do so just that one line is reconstructed?

Thx

Mat

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Cadguru42
in reply to: mat369

@mat369 wrote:

Hello

I did a small road servey. I imported the points from my fieldbook using survey -> new local survey database, data source type = point file.

Thanks too the current linework code set and figure prefix database, I became a drawing with cogopoints connected by survey figures (lines)

Now I want to change the location off one cogopoint.

I do that via toolspace -> survey -> import events -> survey points -> edit points.

I change the norting and easting, right mouseclick apply.

It doenst't change but when I go back to toolspace -> survey -> import events -> survey points -> update, the cogopoint changes its location.

Now I want the line (survey figure) to be reconstructed.

All I end up with is via toolspace -> survey -> import events -> rightmouse and process linework (insert figure objects = yes, insert survey points = yes)

The new line is reconstructed but now all my survey figures are double.

What should I do so just that one line is reconstructed?

Thx

Mat

After you edited the northing and easting of the point in the survey database you might need to update the points in the drawing. That's probably why it didn't change immediately.

If you've manually edited a figure then that figure is no longer considered an auto generated figure, thus isn't deleted when you process linework again. It's extremely annoying that C3D does this, but that's what leads to duplicate figures. While working on a new import event, I generally try to fix any code issues and process linework before I even begin to manually edit figures because of this. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report