Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in changing coordinate systems while importing points

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bingeomatics
524 Views, 2 Replies

Problem in changing coordinate systems while importing points

Hello, colleagues. I want to know why I can't change coordinate of points while importing points from Points menu?

I created new file, assigned any coordinate syste to the model. Opened Import points windows there, created new file format which there I assigned Coordinate zone transform to the coordinate system of the text file and imported my text file. But the coordinates of points didn't chanched or transformated. When I do it by Survey in Toolspace its works good. I want to know whether I did any wrong or it is problem of software.

I use AutoCADCivil 2013 64 bit in Windows 7 64 bit!

Thanks all!1.JPG

Binnat Khalilov
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

I think the fields "Easting" and "Northing" are not transformed, my problem is that I don't know the word for the fields you have to chose instead in English. My personal translation would be: use "Raster-Easting" and "Raster-Northing" instead of "Easting" and "Northing".

Hope you find the corresponding fields in your dialog and the transformation will then work!

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3

Thanks, Alfred NESWADBA!I changed filelds names from "Northing" and "Easting" to "Grid Northing" and " Grid Easting" and it works good.

Smiley Very Happy

Binnat Khalilov

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report