Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Alignment of civil 3d 2010

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
hamidcivil3d
1237 Views, 7 Replies

Problem in Alignment of civil 3d 2010

hello everyone

I have a problem in alignment of civil 3d 2010 i show you my problem by an example

l create a line and then i use create alignment of obect to refer line to alignment at first i change interval of every station to 30m it works well (fig 1)

but i want my alignment to start  from 98+00 so i select my aligment and i open alignment properties and in station control i change station 0+00 to 98+00(fig2) so my alignment should change  98+00,98+30,98+60,.....but i see that my alignment starts 98+00,98+10,98+40,98+70,...(fig3)

I don't know why i see this problem and i haved asked so many people but they don't know the reason

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tcorey
in reply to: hamidcivil3d

That must be a feature of the software. It does not want to display stations that are not evenly divisible by the increment.

If it's important to have those labels increment exactly as you want, you could leave the alignment stationing starting at 0+00, create an expression that adds 98000 to the alignment station, and then use the expression in your major station labels. The actual stationing will start at 0+00, the labeling will start at 98+000, and the increment will count up from 98+000 to 98+030, 98+060, etc.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 8
Joe-Bouza

that is wierd!

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
ccoles

How invested are you in starting at 98+000? You could change the start station to 90+000, since it is evenly divisible by 30. 98+000, or 98,000 is not. 99+000 also works.

If you need to start at 98+000 and label every 030 from there, an expression label may be your best option. 

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 5 of 8
CMOTY10
in reply to: ccoles

Changing the station delimiter position to match the number of zeros you want after the plus might do the trick.

See attached.

Message 6 of 8
hamidcivil3d
in reply to: CMOTY10

thank you for your reply

I tested  but i did'nt get correct result

The only way to solve my problem is experssion(fig1)

Message 7 of 8
wfberry

You metric guys have me somewhat confused.  I thought you always have the plus (+) sign followed by 3 digits.  So I am thinking you must be using an imperial template.  Just a thought.

Bill

Message 8 of 8
tcorey
in reply to: wfberry

Nope. I used a metric template and made it work using an expression. Anyway, it sounds like he's up and running. In my example, the plus was left of the third character, but it doesn't matter. It's a divisibility thing.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report