Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem assigning material to a subassembly

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kw2012
1285 Views, 3 Replies

problem assigning material to a subassembly

Specifically to Subassembly.LinkWidthAndSlope

I only have Top or Datum options for that sub and if I assign either one in the code set it seems to overwrite all the other subassembly materials such as asphalt, curbs etc...with none set my realisic view has a gap between the back of curb and slope to existing.

I haven't llearned how to set codes on my own subassemblies yet...

was hoping there might be a better subassmbly to use for this application..if not could someone direct me to a practical lesson on setting codes to subassemblies...

Civil 3D 2012 SP1 on Win 7 64-bit SP1
Intel i7-2600kcpu @ 3.4ghz 16mb ram
ATI FirePro V4800
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
peterfunkautodesk
in reply to: kw2012

In the Properties of that sub assembly there is a field for "Link Codes" that by default has "Top,Datum" in it. This field can be edited and either replaced or added to. Just add the codes you want with commas in between them.

The other tool that you could look at is the Subassembly Composer that can be used to create your own subassemblies. You can download Subassembly Composer for the 2012 Subscription Center. It can be installed as part of the 2013 release, but it won't be installed by default.

Cheers,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
kw2012
in reply to: peterfunkautodesk

I was in the codes tab and nothing was editable there. I found under the parameters tab I could add a new code.

I created a new code and then went to the settings>general>multipurpose styles>code set styles>all codes >edit and imported the new code from the subassembly assigned my material and it still doesn't appear.

Obviously I am missing something.

ATI FirePro V4800
Message 4 of 4
kw2012
in reply to: kw2012

ahhh...crap...I forgot to rebuild my corridor.

It worked like a charm.  Thanks Peter

ATI FirePro V4800

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report