Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing with Adobe

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
owenmull
320 Views, 6 Replies

Printing with Adobe

I've been having issues with Adobe recently. In one particular drawing and one drawing only, when I Export-->PDF, and then attempt to plot said PDF, Adobe locks up. According to Adobe, once a printer is selected, under Advanced settings, 'Print as Image' should be checked. It never was for us, and doing this did allow me to print the file, but colors look like dog excrement.

Ive done this several times before, no issues. I can print other PDFs created from other drawings no issue at all, the problem is related to this one particular drawing. Im wondering if this has something to do with the Adobe/Autodesk functionality.

Any ideas?

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017
MATRIX3DSURVEYS
in reply to: owenmull

Select a Layout Tab > Page Setup Manager > Select DWG-PDF.pc3 as the Printer

After you have printed to a PDF you can Open the file with Adobe Acrobat X and change file compression settings if you need to make it smaller to email.

Acrobat also has some settings on the TOOLS menu to control how the image is sent to Color Laser printers and plotters so you don't lose data Tiles in the checker board. This problem happens sometimes with detailed background images. I usually print to PDF then use Acrobat to send the image to the Plotter or Laser printer. They print a lot faster that way.

Jim

Matrix3DSurveys.

Message 3 of 7
owenmull
in reply to: MATRIX3DSURVEYS

Ok, I'll fool around with that more, thanks.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

I'm sitting i front of a Workstation now. In Acrobat X there is an advanced TAB select Print Production and Preflight The errors in the file will be marked file needs to be saved to a diffrent name, Then and Analize and Fix selected. The process flattens the file so you lose the layers but it wont confuse the printer.

When Printing from C3D use The layout Tab and Select DWG - PDF.pc3 as the printer. (The Export PDF seems to have problems) But I have not had any problems with the DWG - PDF.pc3.  Make sure you use the Autocad supplied pc3 file (there are probably 4 diffrent PDF printers listed; the pc3 printer is the only one that works properly.

Jim

Matrix3DSurveys

Message 5 of 7
owenmull

I use the  DWG to PDF.pc3 config, and printing both methods still yields the same result, either by export or plot.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

I would do an Audit and Purge on the drawing. Save the drawing and use the Map Import Function to get the data in a new drawing. See if that cleans things up.  If that don't work next step would be a clean install to fix any corupt dll's

Jim

Message 7 of 7
owenmull

Already ahead of you. Audit and purged, no results. It only happens on this one dwg and only this dwg, so I know it isn't a C3D / install issue. 

Ill keep looking, thanks.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report