Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer not plotting as plot styles are set

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Palanlan
1348 Views, 4 Replies

Printer not plotting as plot styles are set

I am having trouble with the plot styles and getting my printer to plot according to the selected plot style.  I have modified the acad.ctb plot style so that all of the colors are set to black.  However, despite this, when I do a 'plot preview' the colors still show up.  And when I do an actual plot, it is in color as well.

I have messed around with the printer settings in 'control panel' and tried changing the default printer setting to greyscale but then the printer just plots the drawing according to the greyscale equivalent of the colors in AutoCAD.

So, what setting am I forgetting to change?  In the options menu, under the plotting tab, I have made sure that the plot style was set to acad.ctb.  I have reassigned all of the colors to black in acad.ctb.  I have turned greyscale to "on" along with dither for all colors in acad.ctb.  And the sheets still come out in color.  What's going on?

Note:  I have left my printer settings (in control panel) on Auto Color.  I have done this so that I can tell when things are working properly, since it seems to me that if all of my colors are set to plot black, they should plot black even though the printer is set to Auto Color.  Is this sensible?

Thanks in advance guys

Running AutoCAD Civil 3D
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Palanlan
in reply to: Palanlan

Figured it out! Never changed plot style in Properties tab. Rookie mistake...
Running AutoCAD Civil 3D
Message 3 of 5
AllenJessup

Thanks for posting the answer.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
waldo.schafer

I am experiencing the same difficulties. I have checked the plot style in properties panel - but still no luck

Message 5 of 5

Using AutoCAD (Not C3D), I solved this problem by changing the visual style back to 2D Wireframe.  Other styles seem to override the .ctb

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report