Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previously Reported Bugs still present in 2014

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
neilyj666
978 Views, 15 Replies

Previously Reported Bugs still present in 2014

I thought I'd kick this thread off (first of many I suspect) with the continuing Quick Profile bug:

The previously reported Quick Profile bug still existis in 2014 but with a subtle difference.

The first time the quick Profile by Points is run, it works as expected but the second and subsequent time (in the same Civil session) focus does not return to the cursor to allow you to pick a location from the screen for the profile location. You can however type in coordinates which "unlocks" the cursor and continue.

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
rl_jackson
in reply to: neilyj666

Guess will be waiting til 2015 for the fix to the MAPIINSERT as well.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 16
BrianHailey
in reply to: rl_jackson

What's wrong with the MAPIINSERT?

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 16
rl_jackson
in reply to: BrianHailey

See this post

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Map-3D/Civil-3D-2013-Map-2013-Image-Issue/td-p/3415105

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Message 5 of 16
BrianHailey

@neilyj666 wrote:

The first time the quick Profile by Points is run, it works as expected but the second and subsequent time (in the same Civil session) focus does not return to the cursor to allow you to pick a location from the screen for the profile location. You can however type in coordinates which "unlocks" the cursor and continue.

I'm not seeing that bug at all in either 2013 or 2014. The quick profile works as expected for me. Perhaps you are doing something different then what I'm doing. I recorded a quick video of the steps I'm taking (same in 13 and 14).

HERE

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 6 of 16
neilyj666

Thanks for that Brian - seems fine for you.

You seemed to be doing a lot of right clicking to get the various options which I'll try tomorrow.

I've not looked at the video on a PC yet and it's a bit small on my phone - did you try with just two Points? Autodesk support have managed to reproduce sporadically in 2013 but it seemed to happen all the time with me.

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

EESignature

Message 7 of 16
BrianHailey

The video was several points. I tried again with just two points multiple times and it worked just fine. Try it in the same file I did it in, "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014\Help\Civil Tutorials\Drawings\Align-1.dwg". Perhaps it might be somewhat drawing related.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 8 of 16
neilyj666

Now this is interesting....

I tried it following your steps by right clicking to get the various options including ENTER when finished and all worked as expected.

If, however, I followed the command line prompts then the bug occurred (seems to be related  to hitting Enter)- can you you try this one for me please (see screenshot)

EESignature

Message 9 of 16
rkmcswain

I wonder if any of these have been fixed?

http://cadpanacea.com/c3dbugs

I have not had the time to look at 2014.

If you have and can try a few of those, thanks.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 10 of 16
neilyj666
in reply to: rkmcswain

The double spacing of layers is still happening....will try and look at others if I have time

EESignature

Message 11 of 16
BrianHailey

@neilyj666 wrote:

Now this is interesting....

I tried it following your steps by right clicking to get the various options including ENTER when finished and all worked as expected.

If, however, I followed the command line prompts then the bug occurred (seems to be related  to hitting Enter)- can you you try this one for me please (see screenshot)

I've tried several differen combinations and I can't seem to get any sort of issue to appear.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 12 of 16
neilyj666

Attached zipped swf file shows the problem....

EESignature

Message 13 of 16
tmullins

Looks like the Map Inquiry command bug is still not fixed:

http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/03/map-inquiry-commands-unknown-command.html

Honestly not piling on here, but this one really escapes me how something so simple like a macro in a CUI command cannot get fixed after 4-5 releases. Really can't understand that one.

Message 14 of 16
rkmcswain
in reply to: tmullins

@tmullins wrote:

Honestly not piling on here, but this one really escapes me how something so simple like a macro in a CUI command cannot get fixed after 4-5 releases. Really can't understand that one.

Yea, there is really no excuse for that.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 15 of 16
gccdaemon
in reply to: rkmcswain

I load the MAPCLASSIC.CUIX as partial, and i have no problems with importing and geotiffs at all. ??Might be a solution??

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 16 of 16
Cadguru42

Don't forget the QTO bug where the subassemblies aren't used correctly in calculating volumes and then the whole only 2d projected lengths instead of 3d lengths for quantities. Who would ever want the 2d length of something when you're trying to figure out how much of something to get? 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/QTO-Update/m-p/3863021/highlight/true#M201304

And then there is the MAPIINSERT problem where Autodesk completely ignores the UNITS field of a geo header in an image. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Map-3D/Civil-3D-2013-Map-2013-Image-Issue/td-p/3415105

There is also the issue where the viewport in a layout can magically plan to 0,0 even when locked.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-DWG-Format/Viewport-resetting-to-center-on-0-0/td-p/...

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report