Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous version popups

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ams77
240 Views, 5 Replies

Previous version popups

Our company spent a lot of money creating a VERY VERY detailed template for Civil 3D 2006. We are currently using Civil 3D 2011. Every time we create a new drawing using our existing company template we get the "previous version" and "VBA" popups. It's not a big deal in the scheme of things, but it drives me nuts. Is there a way to permanently convert our template so the popups go away? Thanks...

Windows 8.1 - 64bit
Intel Core i7 Turbo @ 2.30 GHz
16GB Ram, Civil 3d 2014 64bit .
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rl_jackson
in reply to: ams77

Why not start a new drawing from your template, when the box comes up convert and then resave the drawing as the new template.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
ams77
in reply to: rl_jackson

That is what we are doing. It converts it to the newer drawing file, but it still creates the popups whenever we open the file.

Windows 8.1 - 64bit
Intel Core i7 Turbo @ 2.30 GHz
16GB Ram, Civil 3d 2014 64bit .
Message 4 of 6
rl_jackson

You may need to start with a blank template and rebuild using Import Styles, Design Center and Drag & Drop methods for items that don't import (i.e. DSC Keys etc..)

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
troma

I'm surprised that you still get this message if you have converted it once and saved as such. Although, I still get it randomly for no apparent reason in a drawing in 2011 that I've been working on in 2011 for ages, then one day I suddenly get the VBA message...weird.

Advice I've seen before is to save the drawing and close out. Then run recover on it. If there are errors found, repeat until there are no more errors. Then saveas your template.
I'm not making any guarantees either though!

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 6 of 6
Jay_B

@ams77 wrote:

Our company spent a lot of money creating a VERY VERY detailed template for Civil 3D 2006. We are currently using Civil 3D 2011. Every time we create a new drawing using our existing company template we get the "previous version" and "VBA" popups. It's not a big deal in the scheme of things, but it drives me nuts. Is there a way to permanently convert our template so the popups go away? Thanks...

One option is to open the 2006.dwt in 2011, See This for message dialog info and save the file as 2011.dwt.

Then the message should go away.

If you start with a clean dwt and import styles etc., keep in mind the Command and Feature Settings likely won't come along for the ride. The end result may be a better template but do you want to spend that amount of time updating a 2011.dwt when 2014 is current release?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report