Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure pipes. Control 2d fitting style

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rob.howell
644 Views, 1 Reply

Pressure pipes. Control 2d fitting style

Good morning all.

Just in the process of creating a standards file for all the pressure fittings we use.

I would like the style of pressure fitting to place a 2d block in the plan view that "orientates" according to the deflection of the pipe. Problem is they are not comming in right and I do not have the ability to "rotate" them only flip them.

pf plan.jpg

pf 3d.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.zavislan
in reply to: rob.howell

I have created some schematic blocks for pressure pipes.  Through a little trial and error, I found that the symbol needs to be oriented along the Y axis.  Here is the block editor view of a 45 degree bend symbol.

45BendBlock.jpg

When applied to a 45 degree bend that is horizontal it will insert correctly:

45BendHorizontal.jpg

However, if the the bend is rotated out of the xy plane, Civil 3D does not insert it correctly.  The block appears to get skewed to match the plane of the bend.  The following image shows a couple of 45 degree bends that have a vertical deflection.  The one on the left is close to horizontal, and the one on the right has a nearly vertical deflection.

45BendVertical.jpg

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report