Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Pipe Parts List error: %catalogname%

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mpartenheimer
1058 Views, 5 Replies

Pressure Pipe Parts List error: %catalogname%

There is a problem with a particular project where I receive an error message trying to add parts to an existing Pressure Network Parts list. After I click "New", I receive an error massage stating "The current catalog, {%catalogname%} was not found."

The "Standard" default part list is still valid. The issue apears to be limited to the Parts lists created for our project. Has anyone seen this issue? The Pressure Pipe catalog path is valid on our network. I suppose the .sqlite files could be corrupt but if so, why would the "Standard" parts list work?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

Thanks,

Michale Partenheimer

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Which version of civil 3d are you using?
This issue has come up in the past and has to do with the registry settings for the pressure pipe catalogues. It was occurred when starting civil 3d using a country kit profile, I.e. UK or ANZ.

Trystarting civil 3d from the Metric shortcut.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 6

Hi Andrew.

I'm using C3D 2013.

I found out that the issue had to do with Parts lists resident in the dwg file were based on the wrong catalog. (Flanged parts lists pointing to the PushOn catalog, PushOn parts lists pointing to the Mechanical catalog, etc. See attached image)

I had to examine all of the resident Parts Lists (about 90 of them). I deleted and correctly re-created the mis-pathed lists. Additionally, the "bad" Parts Lists were in the project startup template. As soon as Civil 3D "read" the "bad" template at startup, Pressure Pipes would no longer work.

After cleaning up the mess, it all worked.

The issue was caused by copying a Parts List based on one catalog and editing it based on a different catalog. Apparently, that's not a good thing to do. When editing a Parts list you must always check the Catalog path and make certain that same catalog is set when editing.

Message 4 of 6

Thanks for posting your solution.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 5 of 6
nyikal12
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

Thanks for your solution. I was able to open 2014 Civil 3d Metric and the catalog was just fine. How do i fix the issue in Imperial?
Message 6 of 6
mpartenheimer
in reply to: nyikal12

You first have to change catalogs to access the Imperial settings...

I have attached a series of images.

1. Open "Set Pressure Network Catalog" (Image 1)

2. Access the Catalog folder (Image 2)

3. Navigate to and set the Imperial Catalog (Images 3, 4, 5 & 6)

Now just perform the same steps as for the Metric.

If desired, change your catalog back to Metric when done.

Regards,

Michael Partenheimer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report