Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Pipe Networks in 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
taneum
861 Views, 2 Replies

Pressure Pipe Networks in 2013

So I wanted to put my existing 2d linework for a water main into a pressure network.  I have done quite a bit of reading about pressure networks and the lack of different pipe materials and apputenances to choose from.  It seems as though the fittings are all there for the most part.

The way I understand it is the only pipe material that is shipped with C3D is Ductile Iron and if you want PVC or something else, you open the content catalog editor and change the dutile iron pipe to polyvinyl chloride (PVC).  Am I on the right track here?

As far as appurtenances go, when I open up the Content Catalog Explorer there is nothing for hydrants, valves, wyes, etc......  Is the only thing I can show then bends?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
itr0045
in reply to: taneum

Change the Pressure Catalog to Mechanical or Flanged.  You will find valves, tees, ruducers, etc, lots more than just with the Push-On catalog.  The presure networks are a start in 2013, but certainly not ready, yet.  This is typical Autodesk.  They seem to enjoy pushing out a yearly product while failing to refine the features included.  Wait for another release or two.....

Message 3 of 3
taneum
in reply to: itr0045

When I open my content editor and open up any of the SQLite files, there are no pumps, hydrant, valve, or wyes and all the pipe is listed as ductile iron.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report